Wings at Habs 7:00 Dec.2 2017

DON

45 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

The dreaded 8 goal lead....let's not get ahead of ourselves here... :huh:

Most dangerous lead in hockey! :lol:

Pretty boring when the game is not in doubt, but I'll take it.

Always liked that Breakaway Byron - what a story he is. This Brendan Gallagher kid might just amount to something one day as well. ;)

Nothing will ever make up for that night 22 years ago, but this does feel like a tiny dollop of poetic justice. Although, in truth, I sort of felt bad for the Wings in this one. That's a proud and classy franchise to have to be dragged through the poop-chute like that.

3 minutes ago, Neech said:

moms better eh?

Love that Byron, what a steal he is.  He ended up having to do that awkward on-ice interview after the game, the players must dread that!  So cringey each time.  At least Byron can do it mostly in French. 

Haha. Swipe text. Fortunately it didn't auto fill a saved word from a less than reputable site. Haha

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Most dangerous lead in hockey! :lol:

Pretty boring when the game is not in doubt, but I'll take it.

Always liked that Breakaway Byron - what a story he is. This Brendan Gallagher kid might just amount to something one day as well. ;)

Nothing will ever make up for that night 22 years ago, but this does feel like a tiny dollop of poetic justice. Although, in truth, I sort of felt bad for the Wings in this one. That's a proud and classy franchise to have to be dragged through the poop-chute like that.

Ya.. me too. I wanted them to get one, and I agree we scored despite letting up as we should have. 

OK.. my list of criticisms on this game

Well.. to start with.. I... uhh.... Ya see it's about how we..  umm...hmm...

7 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Haha. Swipe text. Fortunately it didn't auto fill a saved word from a less than reputable site. Haha

Just how good is your mom? Mine was super. 

Hey! In Calgary the sweet young thing is actually singing the anthem that was written as it was written! I'm in love! She's not doing "Tammy's Home Song". Hurrah! Canada 1 - Narcissism 0 ! 

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

Has anyone seen our captain tonight?? All these goals and no point's 

My bad he had one helper tonight ?

The assist was taken away and given to Galchenyuk.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Only 5 players didn't have a point tonight: 4 defensemen and the goalie.

Only 3 players without a shot: Mete, Froese, and Alzner.

Weber also gained an assist, so the 5 players who were pointless were actually Pacioretty, 3 defensemen, and the goalie.

Schlemko also had a shot taken away, so 4 players were without a shot.

That's what I get for looking at the numbers immediately after the game.

Do you really care if Pacioretty scores the 10th goal in a 10-1 win?

The guy can't win.  If he scores late in this one with the game decided, people will call him out for stat padding at a time that didn't matter.  If he doesn't score you still call him out. 

• Upvote 1

Pacioretty is to Montreal as Kessel was to Toronto. Both prolific goalscorers who score in bunches, but are maligned for not being saviors. Everyone chirps Pacioretty for not blasting down the wing and letting that wrister go, but which defenseman is springing him to do it? Pacioretty is who he is. A goal scorer who can kill penalties and play in all situations, and just like all coal scorers, when he isn't scoring, he doesn't look like a top line player. He is due for another streak soon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

Maybe this win helps bring the ghosts of the forum back on our side...

I'll second that!!!

I think the lack of develeopment of ghosts in the MB era is what has been holding this team back!

:D

Guest Stogey24
11 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Pacioretty is to Montreal as Kessel was to Toronto. Both prolific goalscorers who score in bunches, but are maligned for not being saviors. Everyone chirps Pacioretty for not blasting down the wing and letting that wrister go, but which defenseman is springing him to do it? Pacioretty is who he is. A goal scorer who can kill penalties and play in all situations, and just like all coal scorers, when he isn't scoring, he doesn't look like a top line player. He is due for another streak soon. 

Pacioretty has zero hands one on one. I notice it all the time. The guy takes enough heat as it is, so I try not to say anything. 

If he had hands like Galchenyuk or Drouin, he'd be a monster out there, but he needs his outside shots to be dangerous. When the opposing D takes away his space, he tends to have issues making a play 

Huge win last night against a weak Detroit club. Nice to see the boys give it to the RED WINGS exactly 22 years after that dreaded evening at the Forum!

I just hope the guys won't take it easy from now on, cause the Blues are a damn good team and the Habs won't score 10 against them!

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Pacioretty has zero hands one on one. I notice it all the time. The guy takes enough heat as it is, so I try not to say anything. 

If he had hands like Galchenyuk or Drouin, he'd be a monster out there, but he needs his outside shots to be dangerous. When the opposing D takes away his space, he tends to have issues making a play 

Zero hands? disagree of course as he has managed to put the 3rd most pucks on net in NHL this year, he is more dangerous 1 on 1 than Galchneyuk, but could say both have their moments. 

But Zero hands... Is same as saying Kessel, Ovehckin or Stamkos can only shoot but have zero hands, sounds pretty foolish doesn't it?. 

15 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The assist was taken away and given to Galchenyuk.

Weber also gained an assist, so the 5 players who were pointless were actually Pacioretty, 3 defensemen, and the goalie.

Schlemko also had a shot taken away, so 4 players were without a shot.

That's what I get for looking at the numbers immediately after the game.

Another damned game when Carey doesn't even get a shot.. what the hell is with that guy!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

His lateral movement is back to where it needs to be. 

Isn't that a side issue?

.....sorry... I  don't know why I do that...:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Habsfan said:

Huge win last night against a weak Detroit club. Nice to see the boys give it to the RED WINGS exactly 22 years after that dreaded evening at the Forum!

I just hope the guys won't take it easy from now on, cause the Blues are a damn good team and the Habs won't score 10 against them!

Hey! You're in La Prairie!

But you probably already knew that!

That's where my family lived when they first came to Montreal to save the original settlement from being wiped out by the Iroquois!  Cuell!!! Say hi to anyone who looks vaguely like me.. and we all look pretty vague......:huh:

Oh ya.. that's Pope Francis .. not me... oh well.. imagine Pope Francis as a sexy , hockey-playing very bright guy of high intelligence and modesty.

Now picture the opposite of that..... 

There..got me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Commandant said:

My Girlfriend and I are starting our own streak (unlikely to rival Joe's). 

Byron has scored in 3 straight games with us there.... 5 goals total. 

A streak is a streak man.