Does anyone Here do the same thing on game day, for every game?

Metallica

Was just wondering if anyone has done the same thing come game day?? Before I became a full time chef and had more time on my hands to watch games I could never go to a bar to watch the game. It had to be at home and I had to have pizza and wings and a rum and coke. But now a days I work long hours and have been eating healthier, so cut down on the wings and pizza. 

So being new here thought I would ask and see??? what others do.

Edited by Metallica
  • Like 1

I don't have any such superstitious practice at all, EXCEPT during the playoffs, where I tend to stay frozen in exactly the same position while the game is going on, and have this ludicrous superstition that if I change the way I'm sitting while the game is going on, bad things will happen. :lol: Of course this rule doesn't apply to intermissions, for which my bladder is grateful; and it also doesn't apply if the game is going badly, when, naturally, I mix it up.

Same for me, I’ve got nothing for the regular season, that’d be too much of a commitment! Once it’s the playoffs though, I’ll get silly. Enough so that one year, I had to travel for work during the playoffs. I knew I wouldn’t be able to get the beer I had been drinking during the playoffs when I had to go to Dallas, so, I packed some beer in my suitcase.

• Upvote 1

One year I had bought a habs beer mug the one you put in the freezer. When I started to use it the habs went on a winning streak so I kept on using it tell the win streak ended. Man do I ever love that beer mug, still use it to this day. The beer and rum and cokes taste so great in there .

35 minutes ago, Metallica said:

One year I had bought a habs beer mug the one you put in the freezer. When I started to use it the habs went on a winning streak so I kept on using it tell the win streak ended. Man do I ever love that beer mug, still use it to this day. The beer and rum and cokes taste so great in there .

I have the same mug but mine doesn't have super powers like yours. I do have a foam finger that I bring out for special occasions though. I bought it game 6 against Pittsburgh back in 2010 and it's been mostly lucky since then. 

Contrast that with my Mom, who wholeheartedly believes that she has control over the outcome of Habs games. She watches the games until the other team scores and then changes the channel because she is "unlucky". And if they are winning, she changes the channel because she "doesn't want to jinx it" by her continuing to watch. So basically she doesn't end up watching much 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, DON said:

Nothing that ever has lasted long, not that haven't tried different things over the years, but good idea for thread. 

Thanks just thought I would change things up and talk about something different, then the same old things.

I used to listen to  Jay-Z, Kanye West, Rihanna - Run this Town  before every game of our 2010 playoffs run.

I tried it again last spring and it failed miserably.

My wife gets quite upset with me when I curse out the team for poor play. She believes my negative energy will affect the game. I feel that as a fan, the only thing I can do to bring luck is drug the opposing team or something. Pretty sure my attire has no impact on anything other than my comfort and appearance.