GDT #30: Flames @ Habs, 7:30 PM

Commandant

For whatever reason I want the Habs to play with hate, like the one they should still have towards the only team to take the Mug from Forum ice. If I'm not mistaken no team has ever beaten the Habs for the Cup on Habs ice except the Lanny McD '89 Flames  

:1gohabs:

:gohabsgo:

We need to take advantage of these home games before our tough stretch on the road at the end of December.

:gohabsgo:

Keep 'er alive (the season)

12 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Did I actually see Max throw a hit? 

I'd call it more of a collision but it was solid contact for sure.

Another slow start from the Habs but they were a lot better in the second half of the period.  I also enjoyed only having one commercial break instead of the usual three.

Here to overly support Pacioretty and I see that's already been a theme this game day thread :lol:

Decent backhand pass to Danault from Pacioretty for a 2-1 lead

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Here to overly support Pacioretty and I see that's already been a theme this game day thread :lol:

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

Ya.. We're all human. 

OK..me..not so much .. but ,..most of us... sorta...:huh:

• Like 1

Schlemko is a decent solidifier on the back end. I find we have too many of those types but he's the one you'd want. 

3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Schlemko is a decent solidifier on the back end. I find we have too many of those types but he's the one you'd want. 

I was wondering what you guys were thinking on that. I haven't really noticed him too much but when I have its usually been positive. 

13 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

I was wondering what you guys were thinking on that. I haven't really noticed him too much but when I have its usually been positive. 

He has been steady for the most part.  He doesn't really excel at a whole lot (he's a good skater at least) but there aren't any glaring weaknesses either.  His presence on the third pairing is allowing the Habs to come closer to balancing the ice time for someone like Weber and that's really important, especially with Weber just coming back from injury.

27 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He has been steady for the most part.  He doesn't really excel at a whole lot (he's a good skater at least) but there aren't any glaring weaknesses either.  His presence on the third pairing is allowing the Habs to come closer to balancing the ice time for someone like Weber and that's really important, especially with Weber just coming back from injury.

Thanks Brian . Good points.

1 minute ago, zumpano21 said:

That was the right call. Price didn't have it covered.

Any word on Big Game Al Montoya?

Thanks. I wasn't sure what I was seeing there. That feels better.