Is our problem scouting, drafting, coaches, players or..........??

REV-G

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎09 at 6:10 PM, Chris said:

McDonough

Sergachev

Traded Subban for Weber

Pretty nice D core they would have had. 

Don't forget Chelios & Langway.

On 12/10/2017 at 5:00 PM, nihilz said:

How about you go #### yourself.

You know most of us do what we can get :wub: I see you there

14 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

:huh:

I thought that reaction was Way too much, so I added a little to it the other side of it. My bad, if I offended or otherwise discomforted your reading pleasure on this site.

On 12/12/2017 at 6:12 PM, ehjay said:

You know most of us do what we can get :wub: I see you there

See you on Ontario St.! xo

• Like 1

Hey, there is nothing wrong or unnatural about ##### one's self. Masturbating is a normal healthy act and if any of you are not #### yourself you are either fibbing or don't have use of your hands. You should all go ##### yourself, and put smiles on your faces! 

Merry Faux-Christmas one and all. I fly to my ship tomorrow so am celebrating with my kids. Probably #### myself later tonight so I am not overly excited and shoot too fast when I see my beautiful Russian girlfriend on Saturday! 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, nihilz said:

See you on Ontario St.! xo

is that where u work?  :rofl: okay next time I'm looking for some crinack or a good time :rofl:

22 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Mail order? 

LOL. No, she is a pianist on the ship with me. Tall beautiful and blonde. But that was a good question. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

LOL. No, she is a pianist on the ship with me. Tall beautiful and blonde. But that was a good question. 

R u Bruce Wayne? ;)

On 12/14/2017 at 2:00 PM, ehjay said:

is that where u work?  :rofl: okay next time I'm looking for some crinack or a good time :rofl:

ooooooooo snap! Burn!

Male prosty's and criznack! When do you make time to watch hockey on Saturday nights?!

38 minutes ago, DON said:

What kind of tangent are you on? Don't get the references/innuendos, but get the general drift of posts.

Honestly Don, it's kinda High school childish but I hope in good fun :)

• 5 weeks later...

To me the problem with this roster isn't necessarily the parts of it, but rather the sum. It's tough to pinpoint any particular player or players that aren't worthy of a spot, and I find that I like most players on the team. But I think that there are too many similar players and more diversity is needed. 

The current line up boasts a mere 3 right hand shots out of a possible 18. I know that there are more lefties around the league but that ratio is way out of whack. Guys are playing on their off wing or out of position, which makes things harder than they should be. 

Size. The ever-lasting narrative that has followed this team forever. I'm not usually a big proponent of the importance of size, but when the majority of the team is on the small side and also doesn't have a lot of top end skill, that will likely be a problem. 

My ideal lineup:

Pacioretty - #1 center - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Drouin - #2 winger

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Deslaurier - De la Rose - McCarron

#2 left dman - Weber

Alzner - Petry

Mete - #3 right dman

Price

The names that aren't in my lineup don't fit on the team in my opinion, even though I like the players. I think that the composition of the Habs need a major overhaul but there are already a lot of great pieces in place to work with. 

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎16 at 2:56 PM, ehjay said:

Honestly Don, it's kinda High school childish but I hope in good fun :)

Its all good, just lost me is all, which commonly happens, no worries sir.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illWill said:

My ideal lineup:

Pacioretty - #1 center - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Drouin - #2 winger

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Deslaurier - De la Rose - McCarron

#2 left dman - Weber

Alzner - Petry

Mete - #3 right dman

Price

Obviously are thinking next season, so could toss RH Juulsen next to Mete. Commandant is also promoting another WHL RH d-man prospect, as a riser on Habs prospect list in Josh Brook.

12 minutes ago, DON said:

Obviously are thinking next season, so could toss RH Juulsen next to Mete. Commandant is also promoting another WHL RH d-man prospect, as a riser on Habs prospect list in Josh Brook.

Don't think Josh Brook will be ready next year... but I think he's a prime prospect. 

i could see him as one of the most important Dmen for team canada at next year's world juniors. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Don't think Josh Brook will be ready next year... but I think he's a prime prospect. 

i could see him as one of the most important Dmen for team canada at next year's world juniors. 

Sorry Ben, poorly worded, I just meant another RH player, Mr IllWill noted team was lacking RHers, not that he will be ready next year. ANd thread talks to poor drafting and he is another example that could be worse.

3 hours ago, illWill said:

The current line up boasts a mere 3 right hand shots out of a possible 18. I know that there are more lefties around the league but that ratio is way out of whack. Guys are playing on their off wing or out of position, which makes things harder than they should be. 

This may partly explain why we needed to claim Shaw No 2

I count four regulars in our lineup who shoot right... by regulars i mean guys who always play when healthy.... Gallagher, A. Shaw, Weber, Petry. 
and extras.... L.Shaw, Hemsky, Froese, 

Compare that to some top teams in the league. 

Tampa... Callahan, Ty Johnson, Point, Stamkos, Stralman, Sustr, Girardi, Dotchin.... so 5 regulars, and 3 guys who rotate in and out of the lineup. 

Penguins... Hornqvist, Kessel, Reaves, Rooney, Rust, Sprong, Letang, Ruhwedel, Schultz, 5 regulars and a bunch of depth guys. 

Jets... Armia, Laine, Little, Scheifele, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Myers, Trouba... 8 regulars

Preds... aberg, Arvidsson, Forsberg, Jarnkrok, Johannsen, Sissons, Smith, Turris, Watson, Ellis, Subban, Y. Weber, ... this team has a shit ton. 

Blues... Brodziak, Sundqvist, Thompson, Thorburn, Parayko, Pietrangelo, Bortuzzo.... only 2 real core guys and then some depth who are in and around the bottom of the lineup.

So what does it mean?  I don't know... i see top teams with a lot of righties, and i see top teams with less than us too. 

49 minutes ago, Commandant said:

So what does it mean?  I don't know... i see top teams with a lot of righties, and i see top teams with less than us too. 

If memory serves me right i may even had created a thread of how higher number of righties correlated with greater success (here in HW around 2004-5)  without any facts behind it i firmly believe that to be important for forwards

35 minutes ago, CoRvInA said:

If memory serves me right i may even had created a thread of how higher number of righties correlated with greater success (here in HW around 2004-5)  without any facts behind it i firmly believe that to be important for forwards

I'd have to go further, but I'm not seeing a correlation in the teams i looked at. 

I'd have to believe that more talent = more success, regardless of handedness. 

I do know you want some righties to take faceoffs on that side of the ice though.