DEVILS AT HABS - 7:30 PM - DECEMBER 14TH - GDT

xXx..CK..xXx

NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ MONTREAL CANADIENS - DECEMBER 14TH, 2017 - CENTRE BELL

The Montreal Canadiens have had 4-5 days rest and face the New Jersey Devils after the long layoff. On the New Jersey end, Taylor Hall is out with an injury and it should be interesting to see how newly acquired Sami Vatanen fits in with his new team. Brian Boyle is also a nice story for them as he continues to play through his battle with cancer. On Montreal's side, look for a strong outing from Carey Price and Jonathan Drouin. Victor Mete is away from the team on loan to team Canada for the World Juniors. 

DEVILS%20-%20HABS_zps4r5m6vst.jpg

MONTREAL CANADIENS

PACIORETTY - DANAULT - BYRON

GACHENYUK - DROUIN - SHAW

HUDON - PLEKANEC - GALLAGHER

DESLAURIERS - FROESE - CARR

BENN - WEBER

ALZNER - PETRY

MORROW - SCHLEMKO

PRICE 

NIEMI

NEW JERSEY DEVILS

BRATT - HISCHIER - STAFFORD

COLEMAN - ZAJAC - GIBBONS

WOOD - ZACHA - NOESEN

HAYES - BOYLE - LAPPIN

MOORE - VATANEN

GREENE - SANTINI

BUTCHER - SEVERSON

SCHNEIDER

KINKAID

:1gohabs::habslogo::clap::gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo::habslogo::1gohabs::clap::habslogo::wavetowel::gohabsgo::1gohabs:

• Upvote 1

I had a good feeling about Shaw as well heading into this game. I should have mentioned him in my players to watch! 

1-1 with 5 minutes left in the 1st period.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm happy the Habs aren't losing but coming off of getting spanked on Saturday, that was a terrible start.  They got better as the period went on but I was hoping for more jump from them than they've shown so far.

Maybe it was just me, but after giving up that first goal, they looked like a team that wanted out.

I really enjoyed not watching the Habs on Tuesday.... 

It is probable that with all that cap money we should be able to get a couple of players. Maybe get Radulov to play for two teams... :o

I'm running 20 min or so behind you guys. I've always been slow.

Ugly

At this point with all the cap space still unused, I think its safe to say that Bergevin's biggest mistake so far is not being able to resign Markov.

What the hell was he trying to save the money for?

Can't be a good manager if ego gets in the way.

50 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Maybe it was just me, but after giving up that first goal, they looked like a team that wanted out.

They looked defeated, that's for sure.  I don't know about playing like they wanted out.  Sometimes, one player may look like they're doing that but a full team (or close to that) probably isn't likely.

29 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Plekanec makes so many soft clears. Man oh man. Just hands the puck over 

Considering this was half an hour ago, I'm not 100% sure that the penalty kill is what you were referring to but he played the whole 5-on-3 plus the rest of the Alzner penalty.  He looked completely out of gas which may have contributed to some of those weak clearing attempts.

Still a lot of hope going into the 3rd. We're at home, prior to a long road trip and should put forth a solid effort to finish it out.

Guest Stogey24
10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They looked defeated, that's for sure.  I don't know about playing like they wanted out.  Sometimes, one player may look like they're doing that but a full team (or close to that) probably isn't likely.

Considering this was half an hour ago, I'm not 100% sure that the penalty kill is what you were referring to but he played the whole 5-on-3 plus the rest of the Alzner penalty.  He looked completely out of gas which may have contributed to some of those weak clearing attempts.

It's not just this game. 

Guest Stogey24
21 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Ugly

At this point with all the cap space still unused, I think its safe to say that Bergevin's biggest mistake so far is not being able to resign Markov.

What the hell was he trying to save the money for?

Can't be a good manager if ego gets in the way.

Who needs Markov? We have Karl Alzner the next 5 years 

My boy Pleky :)

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

LOL

Of course the day Julien starts Drouin and Pacioretty in OT, and follows them up with Galchenyuk and Byron, it's Tomas Plekanec that score the game winner.

Of course. 

Plekanec is so starting the next 10 OTs

• Upvote 1

Ohh..we're an unhappy lot.... OK... to count our blessings... 

First...uhh...mm......

I was reading how Markov and Subban are still buddies and contact each other ....and I wonder.... 

Why narratives are silly. 

"After the goal they look like a team that wanted out"

oh really?

So what happened five minutes later when they picked up their game, leading to Benn's tying goal and eventually to winning the game in OT.

Did they start slow? Hell yes.  No one likes that first five minutes of the game.  But the idea that it was the result of players "wanting out".  Thats a narrative to explain the poor start, and one that doesn't make sense when the team picked up their play after that. 

Most times a bad start is just a bad start, and its not about "wanting out" or some other narrative about a team not trying. 

The Devils were playing well.  The Habs were making mistakes in their own zone. That was what happened.  Not some narrative about the team wanting to be traded, or something.

P.S. Plekanec is clutch.