HABS AT SENS - DECEMBER 16 - NHL 100 OUTDOOR CLASSIC - GDT - 7PM EST

xXx..CK..xXx

NHL 100 CLASSIC 2017

The NHL celebrates its 100th year anniversary with this 100 Classic matchup between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators. The Senators are coming off of a 3-2 victory against the New York Rangers, but have been struggling as of late with a 2-7-1 record in their last 10. The Montreal Canadiens look to kick off their seemingly never ending road trip with an outdoor victory at Landsdowne Park. From personal memory, the Habs have fared pretty well in outdoor games and I expect a positive outcome tomorrow.

HABSSENS_zpsyexu4fxc.jpg

MONTREAL CANADIENS

PACIORETTY - DANAULT - BYRON

GALCHENYUK - DROUIN - SHAW

HUDON - PLEKANEC - GALLAGHER

DESLAURIERS - FROESE - CARR

BENN - WEBER

ALZNER - PETRY

MORROW - SCHLEMKO

PRICE

NIEMI

NHLWINTER100_zpsim23nbhf.jpg

OTTAWA SENATORS

RYAN - DUCHENE - STONE

PYATT - BRASSARD - DZINGEL

SMITH - PAGEAU - HOFFMAN

BURROWS - THOMPSON - PAUL

ODUYA - KARLSSON

PHANEUF - CECI

CLAESSON - CHABOT

ANDERSON

CONDON

habssensjerseys_zpsiqg6tka3.jpg

:wavetowel::1gohabs::clap::gohabsgo::gohabsgo::clap::1gohabs::wavetowel:

Ottawa deserves its suckage, partly for being Ottawa, but also because the Duschene trade was stupid, as several of us said at the time. 

It's a real showdown of mediocrity tonight! 

42 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Ottawa deserves its suckage, partly for being Ottawa, but also because the Duschene trade was stupid, as several of us said at the time. 

It's a real showdown of mediocrity tonight! 

I'm fairly confident we can outbland them. I suppose l'il prince hairy will be there.

Start of a nice long 7 game road trip, anyone feeling confident that they will do well and somehow see them winning 4 or 5 and improve on their current 25th place?

They should be able to beat Sens, who seem like a sinking ship franchise; but given the goofy outdoor game, will be flip of coin who wins today.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Start of a nice long 7 game road trip, anyone feeling confident that they will do well and somehow see them winning 4 or 5 and improve on their current 25th place?

They should be able to beat Sens, who seem like a sinking ship franchise; but given the goofy outdoor game, will be flip of coin who wins today.

Ya.. I haven't a clue.

This cluelessness will not come as a surprise for those who know me. The more they know me .. the less surprised...:wacko:

6 hours ago, DON said:

I agree that the fact the game is outdoors makes the game a little more of a coin flip. Seems to be good timing for the Sens and they also did quite well on their "unique" trip to Sweden, so in an odd way they might have he right mindset heading into this type of event.

As for the trip in general, we often seem to have difficulty on the Canadian western road trip, so it's difficult to be optimistic. My prediction is that they will however fare better than the Western Californian road trip, as they often do and does not say much. 

Announcers discussing the different rules and practices of 100 years ago. It would be really interesting too see a game (or at least a period) played by those rules. They should have done a charity game with those rules prior to this one.

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Announcers discussing the different rules and practices of 100 years ago. It would be really interesting too see a game (or at least a period) played by those rules. They should have done a charity game with those rules prior to this one.

Maybe charity games are the answer for these two teams....:huh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Maybe charity games are the answer for these two teams....:huh:

?

Sens are being really physical with Price. Grrr. No doubt Patches will send them a stern memo tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

?

Sens are being really physical with Price. Grrr. No doubt Patches will send them a stern memo tomorrow.

Hahahah! 

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I'm finding this a bit difficult to watch. 

Nice troll by the sound guy playing "Hot in Herre" though :D

It's also kinda fun to see the coaches obviously freezing their arses off

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The lack of posts in this thread reminds me of pre-internet times...

I can usually talk ad nauseam... fortunately other people's nausea!:huh:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, illWill said:

I found myself talking to my gf instead of paying attention to the game, which shows just how awful that period of hockey was

:lol::lol:

It must be love

10 minutes ago, illWill said:

I found myself talking to my gf instead of paying attention to the game, which shows just how awful that period of hockey was

That is not a good sign at all.... hmm..

This could be a worse year than even I suspected....