HABS AT SENS - DECEMBER 16 - NHL 100 OUTDOOR CLASSIC - GDT - 7PM EST

xXx..CK..xXx

Bad moves all around.. Drouin was a good add,  it not a great price paid. They needed to add to this team and instead lost a lot of skill and expected Drouin to be a top centre in the league...he isn’t.  

This tesm needs a serious rebuild. Nothing left to trade with. 

1 minute ago, Metallica said:

Not just puck battles, how many faceoffs have we won? Sad to say but this organization hides behind price and by doing so wont address team needs.

I know it's easier said than done, but I want to see this core blown up. They're boring *and* they are never going to win anything. Remember a few years ago when we used to talk about a Cup 'window?' :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Looks like the Habs season officially dies in December unless they win out the rest of their road trip.

LMAO @ winning out even being a remote possibility.  Stop performing CPR on a corpse, Dr, Trizzak...the patient is gone...time to call it.  They are already dead.

Who would have believed a team without a #1 or #2 center and no defenseman who can move the puck would have trouble scoring? 

There best goal scorer has been on vacation since the playoffs last year, 

Your next best talented forward is playing center for some reason. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I know it's easier said than done, but I want to see this core blown up. They're boring *and* they are never going to win anything. Remember a few years ago when we used to talk about a Cup 'window?' :lol: 

Again as long as price is on the team they will never blow it up. Feel bad for price, I want him to win a cup.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

LMAO @ winning out even being a remote possibility.  Stop performing CPR on a corpse, Dr, Trizzak...the patient is gone...time to call it.  They are already dead.

I'll have to confer with my colleague Dr. Mark Recchi first. 

2 hours ago, Toronthab said:

I think the Subban trade took the chemistry out that kept Markov and maybe Radulov at home. And we'd be adding what was needed to a good team. 

PK took a big share of the spotlight, which I'm sure his teammates could appreciate.  How many guys in the league actually want to spend their career in Montreal?  It's probably the least desirable market for a bunch of players.

So?  Is Ottawa going to face those conditions again? Does their superior ability to play in them become a factor again?

As we've seen with previous outdoor games, it doesn't reflect the level of play of either team before that game or after it.

Its a one-off gimmicky game, and who adapts better to the conditions, doesn't really tell us a heck of a lot about who will be a better team the remainder of the year. 

The Habs looked fantastic in the outdoor game against Boston, the rest of that season was a disaster.  

The issue isn't so much last night as that the team has not done well in the last few games. If you're someone like myself, who regards this team as basically mediocre and management as inadequate, then such stretches tend to serve as confirmation - which leads us to use this sort of loss as an opportunity to vent our wider frustrations.

If you believe, by contrast, that this squad is basically a good team, then the tendency is to take bad games or bad stretches of games as temporary dips.

The real issue, of course, is our overall view of the 2016-17 Habs. But given that we are at best a bubble team, I personally have a hard time seeing how folks can sustain the more optimistic view ('we're a good team that had a bad start...'). The longer the scuffling goes on the harder this view will be to cling to.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Well Ottawa seemed to fine with the conditions 

Really? Looked sub par for both, but standard for every outdoor game isn't it. If it isn't too cold, it is too warm, sun is too shiny, is snowy or windy.

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

So?  Is Ottawa going to face those conditions again? Does their superior ability to play in them become a factor again?

As we've seen with previous outdoor games, it doesn't reflect the level of play of either team before that game or after it.

Its a one-off gimmicky game, and who adapts better to the conditions, doesn't really tell us a heck of a lot about who will be a better team the remainder of the year. 

The Habs looked fantastic in the outdoor game against Boston, the rest of that season was a disaster.  

My point is that it's not the outdoors that makes this team terrible.

Pacioretty just said in an interview that weather should not affect a team's compete level. Chasing play most of the game is not how you win, indoors or out. 

14 hours ago, Toronthab said:

I think the Subban trade took the chemistry out that kept Markov and maybe Radulov at home. And we'd be adding what was needed to a good team. 

I will be forever upset we lost out on Radulov and Subban on the same team.

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I was thinking the other day how pissed off Weber must be that he got traded to the Habs 

I've said this before. Weber never asked to get traded to Montreal and now he might be stuck there until retirement unless he publicly requests a trade or the team goes through a rebuild.

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

[...] If you're someone like myself, who regards this team as basically mediocre and management as inadequate, then such stretches tend to serve as confirmation [...]

If you believe, by contrast, that this squad is basically a good team[...]

I tend to see this team as passable  to average. A .500 team that could make the playoffs. But I do not believe management is as bad as people make it. The same way Gainey was crucified at the end of his term and how some now chose to remember him as able to build the good core handed over to MB: I believe that MB and his team are above average and that they have made a couple of catastrophic decisions (Leblanc, Radulov, etc) which have hurt them.

Bob had a second chance to rebuild the team, I think MB should be given the chance if he can fill the two glaring holes in the lineup: 1st line center & 1st pairing left D

I cannot think how the other alternatives will not end up in us (fans) suffering for a longuer period than if they stay the course 

19 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I tend to see this team as passable  to average. A .500 team that could make the playoffs. But I do not believe management is as bad as people make it. The same way Gainey was crucified at the end of his term and how some now chose to remember him as able to build the good core handed over to MB: I believe that MB and his team are above average and that they have made a couple of catastrophic decisions (Leblanc, Radulov, etc) which have hurt them.

Bob had a second chance to rebuild the team, I think MB should be given the chance if he can fill the two glaring holes in the lineup: 1st line center & 1st pairing left D

I cannot think how the other alternatives will not end up in us (fans) suffering for a longuer period than if they stay the course 

I can see absolutely no evidence for rating MB as "above average," myself.

26 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I can see absolutely no evidence for rating MB as "above average," myself.

I know you don't, and I respect your opinion; but I wanted to say that there are different opinions in the talent level of this team and the work of MB's management

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I want what you're smoking