Dec. 16/17, Laval vs Charlotte

dlbalr

Laval (10-11-6) will look to get some positives going in what has been a miserable month as they travel to Charlotte for a pair of games against the Checkers (17-9-1).  It's hoped that both Nikita Scherbak and Michael McCarron will be available for the Rocket.

415.jpg

(Lines are guesses with McCarron/Scherbak's expected return)

Terry - Cracknell - Scherbak

Audette - McCarron - Gregoire

Boucher - Petti - Baun

Veilleux - Eisenschmid - Waked

Taormina - Juulsen

Leblanc - Lernout

Parisi - Gelinas

Lindgren

image.jpeg

(Lines are based on +/- data and some guesses)

Miller - Wallmark - Zykov

Saarela - Kuokkanen - Brown

Bishop - Poturalski - Foegele

Tolchinsky - Roy - Gauthier

Samuelsson - McKeown

Kichton - Chelios

Carrick - Didier

Smith

Puck drop is at 6:00 PM EST on Saturday and 1:00 PM EST on Sunday.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French for both games.

How Scherbak fares is going to be something to watch for sure.  He stood out in a big way at the beginning of the season and if he gets back to that in a hurry, he could force Montreal's hand once again to bring him back up.

Juulsen opens the scoring this afternoon for Laval who is up 1-0 in the 1st.  McCarron high-sticked Charlotte's goalie on the celebration, causing him to leave the game. 

There are new lines for today as well:

Terry - McCarron - Scherbak

Boucher - Cracknell - Gregoire

Petti - Audette - Waked

Veilleux - Eisenschmid - Baun

Taormina - Lernout

Leblanc - Juulsen

Parisi - Gelinas

This seems like a coachable moment here...I wonder if they can figure it out?

14:51     LAV     Yannick Veilleux, Hooking, 2 min PP

15:59     CHA     Valentin Zykov (16) ASST: Lucas Wallmark (14), Trevor Carrick (18) (PP)

17:30     LAV     Eric Gelinas, Interference, 2 min PP

18:53     CHA     Nicolas Roy (5) ASST: Brenden Kichton (8), Patrick Brown (7) (PP)     

19:30     LAV     Nikita Scherbak, Holding, 2 min PP

19:49     CHA     Valentin Zykov (17) ASST: Andrew Miller (19), Lucas Wallmark (15) (PP)    

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Seems like Sherbak has come back in good shape. I hope he forces MB to make a move

I don't know if he forces MB to make a move, but I suppose he encourages one. Habs are already deepest on the wing, especially when Lehkonen is back and healthy. Even Hemsky can eat minutes if he ever plays again. It seems to me that it will take more than one move to get Scherbak an every day spot in the lineup.

12 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I don't know if he forces MB to make a move, but I suppose he encourages one. Habs are already deepest on the wing, especially when Lehkonen is back and healthy. Even Hemsky can eat minutes if he ever plays again. It seems to me that it will take more than one move to get Scherbak an every day spot in the lineup.

I am just begging for any move, something to cheer for. :/