GDT Thread: December 19 - The Montreal Carey Prices @ Canuckleheads

This guy

image.png

versus

image.png

in a battle of two of the three most hapless Canadian franchises!

The Canucks escaped a near-death experience in discovering that their budding all-star Brock Boeser only has a bone bruise instead of a broken foot. He is a game-time decision, so they may nonetheless be without his services tonight, as they are without the services of Bo Horvat (although human pilon Erik Gudbranson is returning to their roster after missing several games). Both Horvat and Boeser would be first-liners on the punchless Habs, who are without stud defenceman Shea Weber, and so offer the scintillating spectacle of Jeff Petry as #1 defenceman.

It promises to be a veritable Christmas Pageant of hockey futility! WOOT

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Funny now that an 8PM MT game for me is now a "late" game. With my son's practice getting over at 7:45, I'll make sure to rush home to catch this one. Sigh. Even before the season started, this has been the season of meh, which is quite unlike me. I usually at least get a little worked up when they stink, but I can barely muster that. Yet, here I am on Habsworld, pretending I don't care, but secretly, I'm seething underneath. A simmering cauldron of angst waiting to explode....well, not really. More like tepid tap water in a solo cup of apathy waiting to accidentally tip over.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, huzer said:

Funny now that an 8PM MT game for me is now a "late" game. With my son's practice getting over at 7:45, I'll make sure to rush home to catch this one. Sigh. Even before the season started, this has been the season of meh, which is quite unlike me. I usually at least get a little worked up when they stink, but I can barely muster that. Yet, here I am on Habsworld, pretending I don't care, but secretly, I'm seething underneath. A simmering cauldron of angst waiting to explode....well, not really. More like tepid tap water in a solo cup of apathy waiting to accidentally tip over.

I think many are right there with you.

Maybe I shouldnt toss in towel with 50 frickin games left, but every game I just see too much garbage play from too many players on the roster to hold out any hope of a long sustained run to just squeeze into playoffs. A Benn on top pairing is just...sad and a bad sign of just how thin the defense now is.

Run down all the team stats  and Habs are f'in solidly near bottom of league in every f'in category...

It's a late game on a day I woke up at 6:20am.  My brain tells me they will likely struggle to score and lose, but my heart will force me to stay up and watch against my better judgement. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, huzer said:

Get out of my head man! You just described my emotions. I feel so vulnerable! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

It's a late game on a day I woke up at 6:20am.  My brain tells me they will likely struggle to score and lose, but my heart will force me to stay up and watch against my better judgement. 

Just gotta hope they will play an entertaining high scoring game vs another weak team and 8-1 them.:clap:

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Same here *sigh* :unsure:

• Like 1

Guest Stogey24
9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

They do know the game started at 10, right?

How does a team that has like 10 players under 200lbs, look slow on a nightly basis 

I've said it multiple times this year.. the Habs always look so easy to play against. 

Not hard on the body, not physical, too many easy turnovers.. just easy to play against. 

It's like watching 8 year olds play, they appear to be in the wrong tier.. 

A buddy was saying that the league has changed..teams are more defensively minded and that guys like Bobby Hull would not get more than 25 goals or so to - day. I disagreed.