GDT Thread Dec. 22 - Team Scoring Machine @ Flames

Fresh off their seven-goal outburst against the hapless Vancouver Canucks, the Mighty Montreal Canadiens steamroll their powerhouse into the Scotiabank Saddledome. We all hope the results put is mind of this

image.jpeg

but failing that, perhaps Brendan Gallagher and co.will  extract revenge for that painful night of May 25 1989, when some mustachioed ginger bozo sunk the hopes and dreams of all right-thinking hockey fans:

Image result for stanley cup final 1989

Improbable, since only a couple of players on either team would have any recollection of that tragic event (although Jagr was in his 32nd season of pro hockey by that point).

Will Brian Burke have another temper tantrum at Naheed Nenshi's TRUCULENT refusal to shill out hard-earned taxpayer money to support the millionaire owners' demand for a new building? No doubt, but probably not tonight. Who knows? Maybe the team will move to Albuquerque and we won't have too many more of these trips to Bitumen Head Office/HABS29 Country.

Image result for brian burke

And speaking of truculence, here's hoping that Morrow and Shaw can translate their lovers' quarrel in practice into some sort of gumption, this time directed at the other team,  on the ice.

The Habs will have the option of adding the stratospheric talent of Brett Lernout to their already-stacked, elite defense corps (or should I say 'corpse?'), while the Flames will be missing Grandpa Jagr and Travis Harmonic, whose surname seems far too Zen to be in keeping with their team president's philosophy. (But hey, it's still better than being named 'Pitlick').

:habslogo: GO HABS GO! :habslogo:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Habs will have the option of adding the stratospheric talent of Brett Lernout to their already-stacked, elite defense corps (or should I say 'corpse?'), while the Flames will be missing Grandpa Jagr and Travis Harmonic, whose surname seems far too Zen to be in keeping with their team president's philosophy. (But hey, it's still better than being named 'Pitlick').

It sounds like Lernout will be a healthy scratch tonight.  (Lehkonen's a no-go as well after there was some hope he'd be available.)

Nice thread - despite the horrible memories of that loss.  But you should add billionaire owner who wants a handout from taxpayers for an arena - when he himself moves to London to avoid paying Canadian taxes.

btw, I’m sitting in one of those bitumen head offices in my rocket Richard jersey as I type this.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It sounds like Lernout will be a healthy scratch tonight.  (Lehkonen's a no-go as well after there was some hope he'd be available.)

shoot, too bad.

Too bad we won’t get to see Jagr against the Habs in what will likely be his final year. He missed last game versus us as well.

:1gohabs:

Let’s go with 5-3 Habs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Elite sniper Jordie Benn gets his 5th of the season. 

:clap: Only 3 fewer than #27, who gets a bit more opportunity to score than the hillbilly d-man.

Guest Stogey24
51 minutes ago, DON said:

:clap: Only 3 fewer than #27, who gets a bit more opportunity to score than the hillbilly d-man.

I know you're not great at math, but how many more than our first line centre? 

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I know you're not great at math, but how many more than our first line centre? 

Sorry, was just a joke.

And agree, am no math whiz.