GDT Thread Dec 23 - The Fourth Liners vs. McJesus

27 minutes ago, jrhabs said:

This team slowly fading into the abyss...

Absolutely everyone has an excuse especially Patch... his comments are starting to become old.

Reading his comments about wanting to become a 'more fully rounded' player remind me a bit of those times when Tiger Woods completely reconstructed his swing. It's like - why?!? Woods might have won another couple of majors if he hadn't wasted so much time fiddling with his swing, and here is Patches wasting a season in his prime apparently messing with his own successful formula.

In Patches' case, though, I'm not seeing much evidence that he is  actually adding anything to his game. There's still no physicality and no particularly good playmaking; all he's done is subtract his driving to the net from the outside, and his goal-scoring.

EDIT: by the way, Claude Julien wins the award for Freudian Slip of the Year with this comment about Pacioretty: "there's no doubt he's mentally challenged." :lol::lol::lol: http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/in-the-habs-room-a-frustrating-night-for-players-who-are-supposed-to-score

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Reading his comments about wanting to become a 'more fully rounded' player remind me a bit of those times when Tiger Woods completely reconstructed his swing. It's like - why?!? Woods might have won another couple of majors if he hadn't wasted so much time fiddling with his swing, and here is Patches wasting a season in his prime apparently messing with his own successful formula.

In Patches' case, though, I'm not seeing much evidence that he is  actually adding anything to his game. There's still no physicality and no particularly good playmaking; all he's done is subtract his driving to the net from the outside, and his goal-scoring.

EDIT: by the way, Claude Julien wins the award for Freudian Slip of the Year with this comment about Pacioretty: "there's no doubt he's mentally challenged." :lol::lol::lol: http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/in-the-habs-room-a-frustrating-night-for-players-who-are-supposed-to-score

Well said :)

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

With respect to Elmer Fudd.  you notice how much better the Bruins have been since he's left.  They are playing a much more offensive style.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jrhabs said:

Well said :)

Seconded.  As of today, 124 NHL players have more goals than Max.  At some point I wish Julien would send him a strong message and drop him to a lower line...his continually getting a free pass is ridiculous.  Who knows, maybe matching up against the other team's 3rd D pairing is what it will take for him to get close enough to the net to score?

On 12/24/2017 at 5:53 PM, sbhatt said:

Seconded.  As of today, 124 NHL players have more goals than Max.  At some point I wish Julien would send him a strong message and drop him to a lower line...his continually getting a free pass is ridiculous.  Who knows, maybe matching up against the other team's 3rd D pairing is what it will take for him to get close enough to the net to score?

With different types that could be counterproductive and derail the future a bit. Hard to say. My parents used to try the carrot and stick with me. I hate carrots and was thrilled with the new stick!

OK.. I made that up. 

I lie a lot.

Believe me. :mellow: