GDT 38: Montreal at Tampa, December 28th

Commandant

The headline nicely somes up Drouin’s impact on both teams during his career up to now:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/Jones-Give-Jonathan-Drouin-a-hand-Thursday-If-you-notice-him-_163978844

48 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Tampa is a bit like Nashville, in that they combine a fair amount of success with excellent drafting and development. Basically the opposite of the Bergevin Habs.

Yep.  MB’s strategy is ride Price and hope he gets a shutout and pray that we can at least score one goal

I've got a funny feeling this is the game that leaves anyone's lingering hopes for a playoff revival face down in the mud during a rainstorm. 

Kinda like Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai when he gets beat with a wood stick.. into the mud.. during a storm.

This is going to be painful...

This game is essentially a referendum on GM ability. Steve Y has two years of extra time on his hands compared to MB.

As of now, TB is a dominant team with a recent Cup final to its resume. MTL does have a conference final appearance to speak of but absolutely zero positives going forward.

1 minute ago, zumpano21 said:

This game is essentially a referendum on GM ability. Steve Y has two years of extra time on his hands compared to MB.

As of now, TB is a dominant team with a recent Cup final to its resume. MTL does have a conference final appearance to speak of but absolutely zero positives going forward.

I don't think one game is a referendum on GM ability.  By this i mean, even if the Habs win today, Stevie is still the better GM.  One win doesn't change that. 

Stevie has done a much better job than MB, that is obvious regardless of the result tonight. 

1 minute ago, zumpano21 said:

Yep. MB is a joke. 

Patches looked especially useless on that PP i must say. It really might be time to think about moving him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

I don't think one game is a referendum on GM ability.  By this i mean, even if the Habs win today, Stevie is still the better GM.  One win doesn't change that. 

Stevie has done a much better job than MB, that is obvious regardless of the result tonight. 

Hadnt even contemplated the thought of a Habs win!

Times are dark for the bleu, blanc et rouge.