Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Dec. 30, Habs vs Panthers, 7 PM

Recommended Posts

Price once again, the only one doing anything at a high level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just 3 quick ones guys... :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

He's Dale Weise, about to become a UFA. 

 

If he signs a cheap deal, fine, keep him

If not, cash in. 

 

I know, asset management and all.  But still, I wonder if he's not worth more than the low pick he'd fetch in return as an example of hard work to the young guys on our roster.  Lord knows I don't want them only seeing guys going through the motions like our supposed leader and emulating that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Price once again, the only one doing anything at a high level.

 

He is turning into a magnified version of Koivu. Saks was a very good player surrounded by human garbage for most of his Habs career. Price is an elite all-star, but same situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Not caring is not the explanation for everything.  Its the laziest analysis.  But its one you do every time.  

 

It has nothing to do with caring. 

He's 35 now, he's lost a step, he's just not as good as he used to be, and he doesn't create time and space to get his shot off that he used to. 

 

An example of Bergevin not replacing this team's centre depth when he needed to.

 

But it has nothing to do with the player not caring. 

 

There are very few players in the NHL who don't care.  You don't make it to that level of hockey without being an ultra competitive person.

 

This is the weakest I've ever seen him compete in board battles, and he doesn't look like he's exerting any effort on second chances. 

 

But I suppose we can argue til the trade deadline on if it's if he "won't" or that he "can't"... gonna need something to post about for 2 months.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buffalo would be crazy to trade o'reilly for pacioretty. Right now if Pittsburgh is interested all they'd get is Connor Sheary.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Good.

 

What's good return on Patches? O'Reilly? 

 

Don't see why Buffalo would want a soon to be UFA Patches.  They are rebuilding.

 

The team mentionned by Freidmann was St. Louis. 

 

I'd want something like their

 

1 of Jake Walman or Vince Dunn, 
1 of Robby Fabbri, Robert Thomas or Jordan Kyrou
plus
2nd round pick. 

if Duchene got what he got... thats the kind of deal i want for Patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Habber said:

Buffalo would be crazy to trade o'reilly for pacioretty. Right now if Pittsburgh is interested all they'd get is Connor Sheary.

 

Patches has more value than Connor Sheary... lets stop the madness. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used to be the Montreal Canadiens.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is absolute craziness. If you'd try not to score you'd score more than theses guys,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

 

I know, asset management and all.  But still, I wonder if he's not worth more than the low pick he'd fetch in return as an example of hard work to the young guys on our roster.  Lord knows I don't want them only seeing guys going through the motions like our supposed leader and emulating that.

 

Who says its a low pick. 

Teams overpay for these gritty guys who can play a little bit. 

If you really want him you can always try to re-sign him in the summer. 

I'm also not letting myself get enamoured with 15-20 good games from a player who has never been this good.  Cash in. 

 

Take a 2nd rounder or a 3rd rounder or whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else see the t-shirt worn by the guy behind Julien?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Commandant said:

 

Don't see why Buffalo would want a soon to be UFA Patches.  They are rebuilding.

 

The team mentionned by Freidmann was St. Louis. 

 

I'd want something like their

 

1 of Jake Walman or Vince Dunn, 
1 of Robby Fabbri, Robert Thomas or Jordan Kyrou
plus
2nd round pick. 

if Duchene got what he got... thats the kind of deal i want for Patch. 

 

:thumbs_up:

 

As always, I appreciate the insight. Yeah I guess ROR is a pipe-dream. 

 

Let's not forget the ol' flip him in a package for Tavares scenario, assuming you can sign Tavares. Speaking of pipe dreams...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toronthab said:

We used to be the Montreal Canadiens.

 

And now we're the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Patches has more value than Connor Sheary... lets stop the madness. 

with Oli Maata as well but nothing more for an 8 goal scorer.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

And now we're the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Thank God we won't take that for long.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zumpano21 said:

Anyone else see the t-shirt worn by the guy behind Julien?

 

I want to see hundreds of them in the crowd at the next home game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Habber said:

Buffalo would be crazy to trade o'reilly for pacioretty. Right now if Pittsburgh is interested all they'd get is Connor Sheary.

 

Holy christ really?

 

You think every GM in this league doesn't think Pacioretty isn't a change of scenery away from being his 35 goal scoring self? Just because a guy who has scored 30 goals 4 years in a row has a rough couple months doesn't mean he is suddenly worth a Connor Sheary..

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Habber said:

with Oli Maata as well but nothing more for an 8 goal scorer.

 

Other GMs know he's not an 8 goal scorer.  They know what they are getting. 

 

Just like Duchene wasn't the 40 point player he scored like last year. 

Again... stop the madness...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zumpano21 said:

Anyone else see the t-shirt worn by the guy behind Julien?

 

:lol: Yeah, I loved that. If I can find a screen shot I'll slap it up on Facebook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Habber said:

with Oli Maata as well but nothing more for an 8 goal scorer.

 

 

Sheary has 10...they might argue that Maata is too big a throw-in at this point.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shut out by James Reimer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Commandant said:

 

Other GMs know he's not an 8 goal scorer.  They know what they are getting. 

 

Just like Duchene wasn't the 40 point player he scored like last year. 

Again... stop the madness...

 

Patches will have huge value on the market, I have no doubt at all. Of course our GM will probably turn him into some plug like Milan Lucic

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have to send a highlight package of Max's goals the past 4 seasons to GMs to remind them at this point....just to make sure they remember. 

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming from the guy who has taken a shit on Pacioretty's game, every game for not just this season, but each of the past four years too... that analysis means little. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×