Dec. 30, Habs vs Panthers, 7 PM

dlbalr

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Patches will have huge value on the market, I have no doubt at all. Of course our GM will probably turn him into some plug like Milan Lucic

If he can just upgrade that 4th line a little bit more... 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Who says its a low pick. 

Teams overpay for these gritty guys who can play a little bit. 

If you really want him you can always try to re-sign him in the summer. 

I'm also not letting myself get enamoured with 15-20 good games from a player who has never been this good.  Cash in. 

I don't think you'd get anything more than a late pick for Deslauriers.  This is a guy that cleared waivers a couple of months ago.  He had a hot streak, sure, but history suggests he's a fringe fourth liner.

7 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Anyone else see the t-shirt worn by the guy behind Julien?

He had several, actually - one per period (although he went back to the second period one late in the game).

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Coming from the guy who has taken a shit on Pacioretty's game, every game for not just this season, but each of the past four years too... that analysis means little. 

Not every game...just for the full 1/4 or 1/3 of the season that he takes off and contributes nothing.

Cry about it some  more...I don't care.  You're a hardcore Pacioretty nut-hugger...I get it.  Your opinion means just as little to me.

Just now, Trizzak said:

Any more wins this season are officially detrimental to the future of the Habs. Unfortunately this probably isn't the draft to find a top 6 centreman, but hey... Dahlin would look great paired with Weber. 

There are centres there. 

If you pick first overall you take Dahlin and run. 
If you pick 2nd you take the winger in Svechnikov
If you pick 3rd you take Boqvist and get another puck moving D. 

However, unless they win a lottery, that won't be where the Habs are picking. 

In the 5-10 range, you've got a guy like Oliver Wahlstrom who is a natural centre.  You've got Brady Tkachuk, who some think might be a centre in the NHL (I think he's a wing), you've got a guy like Joseph Veleno who probably won't be a #1 centre, but could be a Ryan Kesler type on your second line. 

1 minute ago, Metallica said:

Anyone see our so called GM any where?? This team has been bad since opening day of the NHL. He hasn't even made a single trade to try and improve this team.

At this point I Think he has shifted his focus on how to save his job to showing Molson how the cap he never spent will just turn into profits to make up for the lost profits of not making the playoffs.

Who knows, and besides, I would be lying if I said afrer all this, I am not worried about the deals he would make to get his back off the wall.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Not every game...just for the full 1/4 or 1/3 of the season that he takes off and contributes nothing.

Cry about it some  more...I don't care.  You're a hardcore Pacioretty nut-hugger...I get it.  Your opinion means just as little to me.

Im not. 

I'll call him out for bad games, and say he's good in good games. 

Considering he's scored 30+ goals and 60+ points every year, he has more good than bad... but you crap on everything.... 

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't think you'd get anything more than a late pick for Deslauriers.  This is a guy that cleared waivers a couple of months ago.  He had a hot streak, sure, but history suggests he's a fringe fourth liner.

He had several, actually - one per period (although he went back to the second period one late in the game).

I'd still cash in on that hotstreak as much as possible. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Im not. 

I'll call him out for bad games, and say he's good in good games. 

Considering he's scored 30+ goals and 60+ points every year, he has more good than bad... but you crap on everything.... 

Pacioretty is 29 and coming off SIX seasons of elite NHL production. By contrast, Duchene was four years removed from peak production and still commanded a king's ransom. Rep goes a long way in this league. There will be huge interest in Patches and a competent GM would be able to get a hell of a return.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Pacioretty is 29 and coming off SIX seasons of elite NHL production. By contrast, Duchene was four years removed from peak production and still commanded a king's ransom. Rep goes a long way in this league. There will be huge interest in Patches and a competent GM would be able to get a hell of a return.

A good return, yes.  But not THE return this team most desperately needs, that they could have got had they traded Max (as the key piece in the deal) two seasons ago: a #1 center

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

How scary is it that, the GM of our team has to prove his competence, or further cement his incompetence with something as massively important as the Pacioretty situation.

Literally shitting my pants about this the more I think about it.

Pacs would get you exactly what Dueschene got, his body of work is better than Dueschene, however Pacs is older. 

Pleks, Galchenyuk, Byron, Benn, Petry, Schelmko should all be looked at for trades. 

I don't think Alzner's contract is movable. 

Ask Price and Weber if they want to be part of a rebuild, if not trade them too. 

This team is rotten, MB had a plan, then deviated away from it, building through the draft and basically no prospects. 

ll give CJ the benefit of the doubt until he gets some players he wants. Big, physical and hard to play against. 

The habs couldn't even draw a penalty tonight, 

15 hours ago, Link67 said:

How scary is it that, the GM of our team has to prove his competence, or further cement his incompetence with something as massively important as the Pacioretty situation.

Literally shitting my pants about this the more I think about it.

I hate it when that happens. So does everyone I feel close to...:mellow: