Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
illWill

SHARKS @ HABS, JAN. 2, 19:30 EST

Recommended Posts

7pyDWcn.jpg

 

 

 

 

In what is sure to be a thrilling battle between 2 of the 5 worst goal scoring teams in the league, the Sharks look to continue their upward trend in the standings, while the Canadiens are just hoping to be able to score a goal that doesn't bounce off of like 4 guys before it goes in the net. Anybody suffering from insomnia should definitely tune in 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the Habs manage 2 goals at least?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, illWill said:

7pyDWcn.jpg

 

 

 

 

In what is sure to be a thrilling battle between 2 of the 5 worst goal scoring teams in the league, the Sharks look to continue their upward trend in the standings, while the Canadiens are just hoping to be able to score a goal that doesn't bounce off of like 4 guys before it goes in the net. Anybody suffering from insomnia should definitely tune in 

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max couldn't even manage a shot on net after being sprung like that...wow.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game threads have been particularly sassy lately, and quite frankly I'm enjoying reading it more than I am watching the games at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trizzak said:

The game threads have been particularly sassy lately, and quite frankly I'm enjoying reading it more than I am watching the games at this point.

 

The zingers within the biting sarcasm and wit score more often than the Habs do.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That goal sums up the season. 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That goal sums up the season. 

 

I notice no one had Thornton, though.

 

It ain't luck, it's suckage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this team ever going to score a goal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

I notice no one had Thornton, though.

 

It ain't luck, it's suckage.

 

Good point.  Joe's a big boy...it's not like he was hiding at the side of the net.  A guy who's in the top 20 all-time NHL points list should never be that open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

I notice no one had Thornton, though.

 

It ain't luck, it's suckage.

 

If the player is down below the goal line, where Thornton was, julien tells his d to go for the shot block. 

 

The 5 players were in the right position on that one. 

If there was a mistake it was earlier in the shift when the puck went around the boards behind the net and Petry didn't retrieve it. 


Where Thornton is, you should be able to cheat for the shot block.  If they pass it to him, you have time to turn and front him before he can get to the front of the net.

 

What you don't expect is a rocket slap shot to hit him in the leg and land in the perfect spot for a tap in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Next road trip maybe the team can just leave Alzner there 

 

Good start. Then defensive lapses

Edited by Habopotamus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

If the player is down below the goal line, where Thornton was, julien tells his d to go for the shot block. 

 

The 5 players were in the right position on that one. 

If there was a mistake it was earlier in the shift when the puck went around the boards behind the net and Petry didn't retrieve it. 

 

OK, fine. However, this season is not about luck. It's about a sh*t hockey team.

 

At least Galy and Drouin continue to show some chemistry, and even Pacioretty had a couple of good shifts. The goal seemed to deflate them and stupid penalties ensued.

 

Right now this group just radiates hopeless inability to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Next road trip maybe the team can just leave Alzner there 

 

 

 

Alzner, what a complete joke of a UFA signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Alzner, what a complete joke of a UFA signing.

If pieces are moving, let's hope he's one of them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Habopotamus said:

If pieces are moving, let's hope he's one of them 

 

The only GM in the league stupid enough to pay Alzner that much for multiple contract years....is our own.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

If pieces are moving, let's hope he's one of them 

 

Not a chance, we are stuck with him for majority of his contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's having a shit season, and we all know that... but what mistake has Alzner made so far in this game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Commandant said:

He's having a shit season, and we all know that... but what mistake has Alzner made so far in this game?

 

Dressing....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The season is lost.

 

What is the harm in just trying Galchenyuk at centre?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Commandant said:

The season is lost.

 

What is the harm in just trying Galchenyuk at centre?

 

It harms Bergevin's pride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Commandant said:

The season is lost.

 

What is the harm in just trying Galchenyuk at centre?

 

Don't rush Julien...he only recently began experimenting with Galy in the top 6 ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Habs wide open in front of net and pass slides between them...is just one of a dozen braindead or lack of effort plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel a goal is coming!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×