Is Pacioretty A Real Leader?

l<OV4L3V

That's just not a valid excuse if you are a highly paid pro athlete. The baby is the wife's job, since you're making enough that she doesn't have a job, and will never have to work another day in her life. You don't get up at night, you sleep...in a separate room if need be the night before games, with a fan going or white noise machine running so you don't even hear crying. Your JOB is to do WHATEVER it takes to be at your mental and physical peak, no excuses. You eat a certain way, train a certain way, and get adequate rest...you have agreed to make it your number one priority when you sign that contract.

Well i gotta give you credit, I hate politically correctness and that post is the least politically correct that I have seen in a long time. :) And as long as my wife isn't around I agree with you.

Well, I don't agree. Most of us have periods of higher and lower effectiveness/efficiency in our professional lives, for various reasons. Because hockey players are human beings like us, rather than automatons, the same is true for them.

Any good Dad wants to help out...its hard to disassociate from your child when they are crying at night regardless of what room you are sleeping in, I know I can hear if my kids even move around in their sleep and they are older now. I was up constantly when they were babies.

the margin of error is so small in the NHL if you are off by even a little bit your not going to have the same numbers.

Yes, he is the leader. He proved it the first two games back from the all-star break. His play was that of a leader right from the start you could feel his energy.

The break was good for him and he needed to regroup and get back on track. I feel the team picked up on his energy and has taken his lead and gone on now

to win 3.

There is no question about his leadership qualities. He is a great player. Nobody on this team should have to carry the load 100%. He is only going to grow in the role.

In the years to come, people will wonder why he was doubted ever at all.

We are lucky to have a guy like Max as a captain........ever thought of looking at it that way???

• Upvote 1

We are lucky to have a guy like Max as a captain........ever thought of looking at it that way???

No? I look at it from the perspective that the 4 A system was working and he likely won't hit 30 snipes this season. A drop in production is concerning and I still think he F***s the dog some nights. I wish we had a Captain like Toews or Jamie Benn.

No? I look at it from the perspective that the 4 A system was working and he likely won't hit 30 snipes this season. A drop in production is concerning and I still think he F***s the dog some nights. I wish we had a Captain like Toews or Jamie Benn.

"Those guys aren't available, stop playing playstation. You're second guessing."-MB and MT

Boone was saying he'd trade MaxPac if he got the right offer, over at H I/O.

When people are saying this, things have gone completely off the rails.

Who's going to score goals if they get rid of Pacioretty? That suggestion, unless they get a return like Wayne Simmonds and Sean Courturier, is idiotic.

Who's going to score goals if they get rid of Pacioretty? That suggestion, unless they get a return like Wayne Simmonds and Sean Courturier, is idiotic.

100%. The only way I'd move The Best Contract in Hockey is if I got back a legitimate top-6 C AND a legitimate scoring winger. Such a move would make our team better, even if the latter was not quite as good as Patches. But since it would make the sending team significantly worse, it's a ludicrous scenario.

A more intriguing scenario is if a team sent back two high-ceiling but still-developing young players (one C, on on W). That might be tempting, albeit risky.

Boone's suggestion is hyperbole, reflecting general disappointment with MaxPac's uninspiring performance and comportment during this extended crisis. Nothing about his performance has suggested the kind of inspiring leadership people want from an idealized view of the 'C.'

Boone was saying he'd trade MaxPac if he got the right offer, over at H I/O.

I'd trade ANYONE for the 'right' offer...if it is overwhelmingly in your favour, only a fool doesn't make the trade. But as your take clearly states, only a crazy team would make such an offer...we couldn't get that lucky.

I'd trade ANYONE for the 'right' offer...if it is overwhelmingly in your favour, only a fool doesn't make the trade.

Sure, but the point is whether a 'right offer' is anything other than a wildly implausible scenario. If you've got Guy Lafleur and the Islanders offer you Mike Bossy and Brian Trottier, of course you make the deal. But since no one is going to make you an offer that stupid, the whole exercise is irrelevant. It's just empty verbiage. So when we talk about trading guys on our roster, MaxPac's name shouldn't come up, because it would take a once-in-a-lifetime moment of stupidity by an opposing GM to make trading him worthwhile.

This entire thread was a "once-in-a-lifetime moment of stupidity" ya ask me...

The fact that there was a "P.K.'s dumb" thread posted at the same time... and both that thread and this one are still going seems to make it twice in a lifetime

The fact that there was a "P.K.'s dumb" thread posted at the same time... and both that thread and this one are still going seems to make it twice in a lifetime

:nuts:

When a team that nearly everyone saw as a legitimate contender to get to the Finals collapses as badly as this one did, fans are gonna say weird things. That's just how she rolls. I find it worse when high-profile media commentators compound the madness, though; but at the end of the day, they're fans too, just getting paid for it.

This entire thread was a "once-in-a-lifetime moment of stupidity" ya ask me...

Anything is up for debate on this forum. If you don't like what you see, then don't participate in the thread "if ya ask me" [i started this thread FYI and have zero regrets in doing so]

Anything is up for debate on this forum. If you don't like what you see, then don't participate in the thread "if ya ask me" [i started this thread FYI and have zero regrets in doing so]

Ya, well I'll decide what I do, and like to read, but thanks for your input, and will consider accordingly...

It IS a discussion forum, which leaves opinions to be expressed, and this thread is stupid...

• Upvote 1

Pacioretty doesn't strike me as much of a leader, but no one on the roster really does. Except for maybe Gallagher who puts his heart and body on the line every time. Four A's probably worked better for this group and Pacioretty was a default choice, likely because players saw Subban as the alternative and didn't want that (too flashy and such).

Ya, well I'll decide what I do, and like to read, but thanks for your input, and will consider accordingly...

It IS a discussion forum, which leaves opinions to be expressed, and this thread is stupid...

He couldn't score on a 'Banker' last night. This thread is more alive than ever before!

For what it's worth, I still think Patch is playing injured. I haven't seen a hint of his explosive stride since October. That kind of injury can make it real easy to look lazy and not engaged.

• Upvote 1

For what it's worth, I still think Patch is playing injured. I haven't seen a hint of his explosive stride since October. That kind of injury can make it real easy to look lazy and not engaged.

If this is in fact the case, shut him down like Carey.

• dlbalr changed the title to Is Pacioretty A Real Leader?