Is Pacioretty A Real Leader?

l<OV4L3V

3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I agree with you and although it’s been happening more often in the recent past, it’s still not a common practice to trade away your captain. 

I personally like Pacioretty for what he can bring to the table but some people might argue that he is partly responsible for us being perceived as a collection and not a team. 

That’s not my perception but it seems to be a somewhat popular one. (If it is true that we are a collection and not a team, that falls on management and coaching)

Although, it does seem to be mostly for the value he can bring back in a trade that it’s been suggested. 

Reading the posted article by Bennett? on Subban, and Markov and Radulov not feeling the love... I found that really consistent. We are people. Persons. This means  that we are agents not objects, and agents in relationship with others and existence itself. Its a bond. It's not the money. And its not about the money. 

Well, guys...on Pacioretty's contribution when not scoring, I'm sure Commandant is correct. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that when he is not scoring, he doesn't do anything particularly *notable* to impact the game. You know, solid defensive play doesn't exactly strike the eye or make an obvious impact. By contrast, Galy can still agitate, a physical player can still hit, etc.. (This isn't really a criticism of Patches, of course - although in terms of "leadership," it's arguable whether or not it might be better to have a guy whose game has some real "oomph" even when he's slumping).

On trading him: yes, Pacioretty can be a huge piece to a contending team. We are not a contending team and are unlikely to become one in what we realistically should expect to be maybe three more years of peak performance from him, if that. I don't see the point of keeping him, then, provided we turn him into a significantly younger, high-quality asset, especially a C. This team does not have a single clear-cut legitimate top-6 centreman. Not one. I don't even ask for the Big Stud C everyone fantasizes about. (I'm on record as thinking Nuge + good prospect might be acceptable return). But no one is going to win the Cup with a giant donut of a team. Let's reboot the FW unit with an actual centreman fer chrissakes.

I hear Torontohab on loyalty, but one of the few things our idiot GM got right was saying, 'if you want loyalty, get a dog.'  Patches isn't really the type of player that I, at least, develop strong feelings of attachment to - he's so bland. Anyway, it's been 25 years of crap. I want to win. F**k everything else.