January 4th - Tampa Bay at Montreal GDT - 7:30 PM EST

xXx..CK..xXx

Today the Montreal Canadiens square off against goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy and the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Montreal Canadiens, who have been struggling to score as of late will face Vasilevskiy, who has won 6 in a row and is coming off two consecutive shutouts. The Montreal Canadiens, led by Jonathan Drouin will look to change their luck against this red hot team. 

MONTREAL CANADIENS

Sergachev_zpspakil6hq.jpg

Pacioretty - Danault - Hudon

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Lehkonen

Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher

Deslauriers - Shaw - Carr

Alzner - Petry

Benn - Jerabek

Morrow - Schlemko

Price

Niemi

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Drouin_zpst8ktsc3s.jpg

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov

Palat - Point - Johnson 

Killorn - Gourde - Conacher

Kunitz - Paquette - Callahan

Hedman - Dotchin

Sergachev - Stralman

Coburn - Girardi

Vasilevskiy

Domingue 

Budaj injured

:habslogo::gohabsgo::1gohabs::wavetowel::habslogo::wavetowel::1gohabs::gohabsgo::habslogo:

16 minutes ago, illWill said:

Or even better, 

Canada vs Czech Republic in the semi-final is also on.

I suppose a person could also flick to the Hab's game on commercial breaks

If we say Canadian's and not Canada Would that be like cheering for our habs???.

50 minutes ago, illWill said:

Or even better, 

Canada vs Czech Republic in the semi-final is also on.

I suppose a person could also flick to the Hab's game on commercial breaks

While I have Czech heritage and they shouldn't be taken lightly, I expect the Canada/Czech game to be less of a contest than this one. 

Nice GDT photos :lol:

Have a weird feeling the Habs are gonna win this one. Both teams are due - one to win a game, the other to lose; and I suspect what we're going to see more and more of from here on in are other teams taking the Habs lightly and occasionally being surprised in consequence. Plus the Habs had that "team meeting" following the abortion against SJ, so they will be unusually motivated. Occasional unexpected wins are part and parcel of being a POS bottom-feeding suction-eel kinda team, so I'm callin' this one!

Actually. I feel really bad for the players. They know where they sit. They're being booed despite their best efforts and are skating around with a load of contempt on their backs. And that's too heavy. So you players go on out there and do your best and ignore us armchair disaffected and don't take it personally. Most of us should know they're all trying hard. So keep your spirits up. And fire Bergevin. 

So..who has a deck of cards..?

Alright. So I’m going to be the psychic who says Pacioretty will break through soon. 

Pretty good period until that penalty near the end by Drouin, which was then nullified by a nice play by Byron who drew a penalty of his own with less than 2 seconds left.

Czechs up 1-0 on Canada right as the period ends. 

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Crap, am recording that game.

Sorry, I won’t say any more! It’s still early in the game anyway and I’ll be back to watching Habs once the period starts.