Montoya traded to Edmonton

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Hey, opportunity was there for Bergevin, so let's not act like it wasn't

So you have some inside information from Radulov's agent perhaps? Never heard from anyone that he even considered resigning in Montreal at any price.

25 minutes ago, DON said:

So you have some inside information from Radulov's agent perhaps? Never heard from anyone that he even considered resigning in Montreal at any price.

Who's fault is that? If I were a teammate of his, coach of his or our general manager, I would have attempted to entice him to stay throughout the season. We can say that we don't know that they didn't, but it's clear that throughout negotiations with Markov there was a lack of communication, and so one can summize that we offered him 6 million, or whatever our offer was, and said "take it or leave it". I do agree that Radulov made it difficult for us to keep him, but to say that he may have never have considered resigning in Montreal, well he must be some type of robot who lacks thought and emotion. I think there would have been ways to get him and his agent to think harder about signing in Montreal and even without retrospect I think it wouldn't have been a mistake to do so.

I never got into the discussion about whether or not we were resigning Radulov during the off season because I knew (obviously) that we would. After we didn't, I was upset but found a lot of information leading me to the same conclusion as you; Radulov always wanted to test free agency and also would have needed more money to stay in Montreal, if it would have even been an option. If Radulov didn't like it here, however, or felt no inclination to resign here after one year and a playoff run, someone, somewhere along the lines did something wrong, or simply overlooked the valuable asset. The only thing I ever heard from the Habs end throughout the season in terms of resigning him early, was that "it's too early to tell if that's the real Radulov". It may have been right but me myself, I would have been fine with being a little naive because he's one of the few real Russian superstars of the past decade, and we had him on our team. 

From hearing and reading what the beat reporters (traveling with team) have said about the old Russian core that got disbanded (Markov, Emelin, Radulov,...) is that it was evident that the coaching staff didn't like how little it seemed to bother them losing to NYR and how their relationship with the team and management was "business like and la led commitment to the team.

Reading what Markov and Radulov said of their negotiations confirms how the Russian group felt or viewed the CH. I was upset and disappointed  they didn't sign Radulov and Markov but not surprised.

I was also surprised when Carboneau said Radulov asked him about signing in Dallas vs Montreal and that he told him (or confirmed) about the tax advantage. I didn't think Radu would have asked Guy, of all people, about that. Odd...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

From hearing and reading what the beat reporters (traveling with team) have said about the old Russian core that got disbanded (Markov, Emelin, Radulov,...) is that it was evident that the coaching staff didn't like how little it seemed to bother them losing to NYR and how their relationship with the team and management was "business like and la led commitment to the team.

Reading what Markov and Radulov said of their negotiations confirms how the Russian group felt or viewed the CH. I was upset and disappointed  they didn't sign Radulov and Markov but not surprised.

I was also surprised when Carboneau said Radulov asked him about signing in Dallas vs Montreal and that he told him (or confirmed) about the tax advantage. I didn't think Radu would have asked Guy, of all people, about that. Odd...

How the “Russian” grouped viewed the CH??? Really??? More like how the idiotic CH management group  viewed the Russian group.  Funny how it was management that moved or chose not to retain radulov, Markov, Sergechev, emelin and will probably move the American/Russian galchenyuk this year.  Ironic that the Russian  has player, radulov was probably our best player last year.  who was better in the playoffs last year Radulov or MB’s boy Shaw???

I would rather have signed Markov to even three years than have signed the good old Canadian boy Alzner to one. Hell if vegas didn’t pick him, I’d rather have kept emelin for the last year he had left on his contract than being stuck with 5 years of that pylon Alzner.  Funny how emelin is actually doing well with the preds, since he has a coach who knows how to use the strengths a player has, rather than harp on his deficiencies and make him into something he’s not.

I would have preferred dumping Shaw and keeping radulov.  Don’t care how Shaw is doing in a year we suck.  If a Russian took as many dumb penalties as Shaw does, he would have been moved in his first year. It’s asinine a punk like Shaw got term and stupid money while the habs weren’t willing to give term or initially $ to radulov.  If I was radulov, I would have looked at Shaw and said I deserve double what he gets and definitely more term.

i would have preferred resigning Radulov and keeping Sergechev than trading for Drouin.  Hated the deal at the time and hate it even more now.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Radulov said he wanted to re-sign but alluded that he didn't like the negotiation process. Markov outright said he felt disrespected by the process.

If Bergevin treated Radulov like he treated Alzner, Radulov would be a Hab. Full stop. 

He rejected much more $ than Alzner signed for.

Again, Radulov being a hab for sure seems pure speculation.

Like I said 

7 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

How the “Russian” grouped viewed the CH??? Really??? More like how the idiotic CH management group  viewed the Russian group.  Funny how it was management that moved or chose not to retain radulov, Markov, Sergechev, emelin and will probably move the American/Russian galchenyuk this year.  Ironic that the Russian  has player, radulov was probably our best player last year.  who was better in the playoffs last year Radulov or MB’s boy Shaw???

I would rather have signed Markov to even three years than have signed the good old Canadian boy Alzner to one. Hell if vegas didn’t pick him, I’d rather have kept emelin for the last year he had left on his contract than being stuck with 5 years of that pylon Alzner.  Funny how emelin is actually doing well with the preds, since he has a coach who knows how to use the strengths a player has, rather than harp on his deficiencies and make him into something he’s not.

I would have preferred dumping Shaw and keeping radulov.  Don’t care how Shaw is doing in a year we suck.  If a Russian took as many dumb penalties as Shaw does, he would have been moved in his first year. It’s asinine a punk like Shaw got term and stupid money while the habs weren’t willing to give term or initially $ to radulov.  If I was radulov, I would have looked at Shaw and said I deserve double what he gets and definitely more term.

i would have preferred resigning Radulov and keeping Sergechev than trading for Drouin.  Hated the deal at the time and hate it even more now.

Yes, disappointing and upsetting... but given what has been reported it is not suprising Marky and Radu are gone.

A lot of snow has fallen since that has happened. Shouldn't we be looking at how Mete does and when Lindgten graduates tonthe NHL?!

2 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Montoya in again tonight after Talbot gives up 2 on 5 shots!

Is that 2 now? Magic number 5?

With the stinkers Talbot's having lately, Montoya might meet those conditional 7 games before the trade deadline. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Commandant said:

Montoya has two appearances of over 35 minutes since the trade.  Tonight could be #3

I've seen it reported as 30 minutes by many official sources. Not that that makes them right, (obscure conditions on trades don't generally get widespread coverage,) but do you have a particular source on the 35 minute stipulation?

Regardless, Montoya gets the OT loss and we're down to 4 games to go. Oilers have 3 back-to-backs before the trade deadline.

11 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I've seen it reported as 30 minutes by many official sources. Not that that makes them right, (obscure conditions on trades don't generally get widespread coverage,) but do you have a particular source on the 35 minute stipulation?

Regardless, Montoya gets the OT loss and we're down to 4 games to go. Oilers have 3 back-to-backs before the trade deadline.

You are right, it is 30 minutes.  My bad 

Regardless the 4th appearance was 28 minutes. 

So he's done three so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

inigo-thumb-375xauto-2548.jpghow-to-wear-watch-loose.jpg

Montoya starts today's game against Tampa.

Need 30 minutes of solid play for a 4th. Then another 30 minutes of solid play to help The Tank.

But first, 30 minutes for a 4th.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1