Montoya traded to Edmonton

dlbalr

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

MOTHER

####ING

MONTOYA

WATCH!!!!!!!!!!

It's done. It's over. 5th round pick to a 4th round pick. 

Someone please get me a cigarette.

So is the last thing for us to cheer for this year’s???  My god we’ve become the Ballard leafs!!!

12 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So is the last thing for us to cheer for this year’s???  My god we’ve become the Ballard leafs!!!

100%. I wouldn't be surprised if MB is pointing to that trade as evidence of his managerial acumen :rolleyes: 

5 minutes ago, huzer said:

So 8, possibly 9 picks in the first 4 rounds. Wee. So, what will the Habs end up trading that surplus of picks for?

Well who is getting over paid and has grit... Thats who we will trade these picks for.

6 minutes ago, huzer said:

So 8, possibly 9 picks in the first 4 rounds. Wee. So, what will the Habs end up trading that surplus of picks for?

I doubt they are traded. But I sure hope they can get one impact player out of the 9 picks. 

5 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I doubt they are traded. But I sure hope they can get one impact player out of the 9 picks. 

1 minute ago, huzer said:

I'll be stunned if a couple of those 2nd rounders don't end up elsewhere.

I highly doubt the Habs pick 4 times in the 2nd round, but I can also see them making moves with other players (Benn, Schlemko, Byron) to stay around 10 picks in the draft.

12 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I highly doubt the Habs pick 4 times in the 2nd round, but I can also see them making moves with other players (Benn, Schlemko, Byron) to stay around 10 picks in the draft.

That's a good point. They are assets. Makes me nervous having MB make these calls.

36 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

That's a good point. They are assets. Makes me nervous having MB make these calls.

But why, what could go wrong ? :nuts:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, huzer said:

As long as they aren’t moved for another grunt like Shaw.

5 hours ago, huzer said:

I agree.  Bergevin seems to be looking to the present as opposed to the future.  I doubt any of the players chosen with those 2nds will end up helping the team next year or even the year after.  I could see him dealing all 4 of them for immediate short term help.  Personally I would keep all our picks and try to get more.  It's time to restock the cupboards.  That's just me though.

• Like 1

Thats quite the assumption since we used 2 seconds and 2 thirds just last year.

I think there is more of a chance of packaging 2 seconds together to get an extra first than trading them away.

People forget that the year we traded for shaw... we also traded eller for two seconds at the same time.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Thats quite the assumption since we used 2 seconds and 2 thirds just last year.

I think there is more of a chance of packaging 2 seconds together to get an extra first than trading them away.

People forget that the year we traded for shaw... we also traded eller for two seconds at the same time.

I didn’t forget and I’d rather still have eller

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I know there is no guarantee we would have drafted him but: Eller + Debrincat > Shaw

Frankly I think eller in the 3rd line is > Shaw 

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Meh, eller was shit...

And Shaw is worse than shit

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Hey guys no need to fight. Easy compromise. 

Trade Eller, don't trade for Shaw. 

Simple as that. 

I’m good with that.  I was actually happy we got two picks for him... until i found out we gave up two for Shaw.  Than to top it off, we gave him a new contract with stupid term and money for a grunt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think if shaw could stay healthy he is fine.  Overpaid  but from last year to this year he has been better. I'd say his brain is shaken so hopefully he doesn't end up with life long issues.

Edited by BCHabnut
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I think if shaw could stay healthy he is fine.  Overpaid  but from last year to this year he has been better. I'd say his brain is shaken so hopefully he doesn't end up with life long issues.

The guy has scored 20 goals in this league.  He has multiple seasons over 30 points.  He has been on pace for around 30 both years as a hab but missed parts of both seasons with injuries.

This idea that hes just a grunt is once again habs29 playing with the facts.