January 7th - Canucks at Habs - GDT - 7:00 PM EST

xXx..CK..xXx

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Return of the Bulis?

I'm cautiously optimistic for a decade of a Plekanec-like career trajectory.

Bulis looms, but I would be okay with that. 

It's still a great return for a 5th round pick. 

26 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I don't know if Hudon is going to be a consistent 20-goal scorer in this league, or a guy who always makes you think he's going to be a consistent 20-goal scorer in this league...

I think the latter.  That will sort of pigeonhole him into a bottom-six spot but if his defensive game continues to progress, he'll still be a solid third line player for a while.

I think we’ve been playing better the last couple of games but we still are and may always be lacking execution. 

Jerabek is growing on me. 

Soft play in the O-zone leads to that goal. There is no way a good team would be tied at this point against the Keystone Canucks, the way they're playing tonight. As Trump might say: SAD

Guest Stogey24
37 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He missed some games due to injury so he’s not on pace for 36 points. If he played a full season he’d be on pace for about 30 assists and about 11 goals for 41 points.

Right now, on the Montreal Canadiens, he “shouldn’t” be more than a 50-60 point player this year. The only thing lacking are his goals and maybe a couple of assists, as he should be a 20 goal scorer. 20-25 goals would put him at a 50-55 point pace. 

On the other hand, people expected that he should be a 60-70 point player right now and I’m not sure I agree with that. 

If If if

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

If If if

If he fails to become a 60-70 point guy, the trade was b-a-d. 

It's much too soon to arrive at settled conclusions about the kid, but without offending anyone, Habs fans usually seem to have one pretty young player for whom they make endless excuses - the Lars Eller Syndrome. Drouin is shaping up to be the latest case of this. 

And THERE is a goal from a player who never needed an excuse in his life - #11!!

Guest Stogey24
4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If he fails to become a 60-70 point guy, the trade was b-a-d. 

It's much too soon to arrive at settled conclusions about the kid, but without offending anyone, Habs fans usually seem to have one pretty young player for whom they make endless excuses - the Lars Eller Syndrome. Drouin is shaping up to be the latest case of this. 

And THERE is a goal from a player who never needed an excuse in his life - #11!!

I do the excuse thing with Galchenyuk, so I guess I shouldn't really say anything 

18 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

If If if

He’s still not on pace for 36 points no ifs ands or buts. 

He might become a 60-70 point player, I just don’t think that should be or have been the expectation of him this year. 

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

He's getting the most Alznery of points tonight. 

Two points by Alzner - isn't that one of the biblical signs of the apocalypse? Maybe we should sacrifice a goat or something.

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He’s still not on pace for 36 points no ifs ands or buts. 

He might become a 60-70 point player, I just don’t think that should be or have been the expectation of him this year. 

What's he on pace for then 38? 

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Two points by Alzner - isn't that one of the biblical signs of the apocalypse? Maybe we should sacrifice a goat or something.

We sacrificed The Goat a few seasons ago 

aha_pierre-gauthier_perp.jpg

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

What's he on pace for then 38? 

You keep missing the point, you don't count games missed due to injury for on-pace.

No one is looking at Ryan Kesler and saying he is on pace for less than 10 points. 

Guest Stogey24
2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You keep missing the point, you don't count games missed due to injury for on-pace.

No one is looking at Ryan Kesler and saying he is on pace for less than 10 points. 

He missed 5 facking games man 

Guest Stogey24
12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

So don't calculate pace as if he played them.

Don't make stupid comparisons :D

Solid game tonight. 2 games to build off of...

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I discount this one - it wasn't against NHL competition.

I'll take em' though. Atleast they're fun to watch at the moment 

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

I'll take emo though. Atleast they're fun to watch at the moment 

All the indicators are that they're set for a hot streak. Patches is warming up, Price is strong, Galy is buzzing on some shifts, and Gally is at his peak. The fly in the ointment is Weber and the bye week, which should help, but might dissipate the good vibes they've finally gotten back.