January 7th - Canucks at Habs - GDT - 7:00 PM EST

xXx..CK..xXx

VANCOUVER CANUCKS AT MONTREAL CANADIENS - SUNDAY, JANUARY 7TH - 19:00 EST

A rare matchup between a west coast and east coast Canadian team on a Sunday. The Habs look to begin a win streak of their own whereas the Canucks attempt to win their 3rd game in 14 attempts. The most notable of game notes is that Carey Price is an apparent game time decision due to the flu. Most of my thoughts on the game and it's relevance to the overall season surround around whether or not he will suit up. 

max-pacioretty-of-the-montreal-canadiens

Montreal Canadiens

Pacioretty - Danault - Hudon

Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Lehkonen

Deslauriers - De La Rose - Shaw

Alzner - Petry 

Benn - Jerabek

Morrow - Schlemko

Price

Niemi

Inj. Weber, Hemsky

Vancouver Canucks 

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Goldobin

Vanek - Gagner - Boeser

Granlund - Dowd - Eriksson

Gaunce - Chaput - Virtanen

Edler - Stecher

Del Zotto - Tanev

Pouliot - Gudbranson

Markstrom

Nilsson

Inj. Horvat, Sutter, Baertschi, Dorsett (ret.)

:1gohabs::gohabsgo::gohabsgo::wavetowel::hyper::clap::habslogo::gohabsgo::gohabsgo::wavetowel::1gohabs:

• Upvote 1

I’m wearing a new Habs t-shirt my father sent me for Christmas for the first time today..... so let’s see what that means for tonight’s game.... and as an absolute coincidence I remember that it’s my father’s birthday today as well ..... so let’s see what that means for tonight’s game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We need to capitalize soon. 0-0 7 minutes in but I’m feeling something coming up. 

Alzner scores 9 minutes in. On pace for his expected 1-2 goals this season. Should be similar to Schlemko’s totals. 

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Alzner with his annual goal

My head was looking down when he scored and I still haven’t seen a replay. I missed a rare event. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Drouin with a weirdly confused PP performance there.

He's trying to do too much. Been like that since the start of the year basically. 

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He's trying to do too much. Been like that since the start of the year basically. 

I try not to think about what this debacle of a season is doing to the confidence and development of this 22-year-old kid. 

4 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

My head was looking down when he scored and I still haven’t seen a replay. I missed a rare event. 

It's like a bigfoot sighting. Actually, you're probably more likely to have one of those.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's like a bigfoot sighting. Actually, you're probably more likely to have one of those.

:lol:

As for the Drouin topic, the only area where Drouin has truly suffered this year is in his goal scoring. We can come up, probably very easily as to reason(s) for that but outside of the argument of what position Drouin should play at the NHL level, his numbers are mostly similar to where they should be. Outside of his goal scoring. 

Bad penalty by Shaw at the end of the period

there but Gaunce drew that call like a basketball player would draw a foul in the NBA.

Guest Stogey24
37 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

:lol:

As for the Drouin topic, the only area where Drouin has truly suffered this year is in his goal scoring. We can come up, probably very easily as to reason(s) for that but outside of the argument of what position Drouin should play at the NHL level, his numbers are mostly similar to where they should be. Outside of his goal scoring. 

He should be on pace for 36pts? 

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I don't know if Hudon is going to be a consistent 20-goal scorer in this league, or a guy who always makes you think he's going to be a consistent 20-goal scorer in this league...

Return of the Bulis?

Canucks are playing atrocious hockey.

10 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He should be on pace for 36pts? 

He missed some games due to injury so he’s not on pace for 36 points. If he played a full season he’d be on pace for about 30 assists and about 11 goals for 41 points.

Right now, on the Montreal Canadiens, he “shouldn’t” be more than a 50-60 point player this year. The only thing lacking are his goals and maybe a couple of assists, as he should be a 20 goal scorer. 20-25 goals would put him at a 50-55 point pace. 

On the other hand, people expected that he should be a 60-70 point player right now and I’m not sure I agree with that.