January 13th - Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens - 7:00 PM EST - Centre Belle

xXx..CK..xXx

11 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He better be for his name to be worthy of your 2000th post ;)

Any other season no, this season unfortunately yes. 

Just love the way he plays. It's refreshing to see him hammering bodies out there and creating chances. I think he is one of the few players on this team that actually fits Julien's system. I wish this line up had a few more Deslauriers but with more skill. 

19 hours ago, sbhatt said:

I miss the days when the anticipation was PK or Emelin lining up a Bruin for a big hit.  Emelin's hip checks on Lucic were always a moment of pure joy.

Agreed but the Bruins are much quicker now and I see Emmy getting left behind as they blow by him these days. Lucic wouldn’t be able to keep up on the current roster. 

13 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Schlemko makes the worst pinches. I've been noticing it for a while. Badly exposed tonight 

Deslauire= Weise 

Except he punches with serious power the few times I’ve seen him go. Weise  brought some physicality but Desl is another level of strength and viciousness it appears.

Hes grown on me, check out the scrap with Rinaldo I believe to see a good example of how hard he throws them. Def a good reminder to opposition to keep it in line. 

Either way if you’re only bringing a few goals to the table you’d better bring something else.  Scary that some of my fave habs  players to watch this year are fourth liners. 

Edited by hockeyrealist
  • Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Well, I just compare the two because of the elevation to his game with Habs

I'm pretty sure he was a solid offensive  d-man in his Q days. 

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, illWill said:

Any other season no, this season unfortunately yes. 

Just love the way he plays. It's refreshing to see him hammering bodies out there and creating chances. I think he is one of the few players on this team that actually fits Julien's system. I wish this line up had a few more Deslauriers but with more skill. 

Shaw is the same way. There is a reason the skilled players aren't thriving under Julien 

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Fighting in the NHL is dead.... and the idea that a fighter keeps the other team in line, even deader. 

Watch the first few minutes of Anaheim - LA from last night in regards to the first part. I’m not arguing, but dead is a strong word. 

It's nice that he can fight, but to my eye, at least, he has served as a rock-solid 4th liner and has also chipped in offensively here and there. Exactly what you want in a role player.

The question is whether this nice run is an aberration for a guy who has hitherto been a marginal NHLer, or whether he is indeed Weise 2.0, i.e., a guy who just seems to find a home in a particular organization and becomes The Best That He Can Be in that setting.

We should also keep in mind that it is a characteristic of terrible hockey teams that certain marginal players look like heroes. Once a team actually develops depth, players that were previously hailed as great role guys suddenly find themselves shunted out. If you recall the Houle days, players like Andreas Dackell and Patrick Poulin were praised as invaluable pieces. So this could be a version of that.

2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Watch the first few minutes of Anaheim - LA from last night in regards to the first part. I’m not arguing, but dead is a strong word. 

Guys are still gonna fight until it's outlawed, but the value of having a guy who fights well is about the same value as having a goalie who writes cool things inside his mask.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Dead is a description that's hard to come back from. I hate it when they call me that....:huh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎14 at 11:07 AM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Guys are still gonna fight until it's outlawed, but the value of having a guy who fights well is about the same value as having a goalie who writes cool things inside his mask.

Like the rest of team sports, there will be fights if outlawed.

Just the players get instantly ejected, suspended and team and player are fined are differences. Which is how it should and will be sometime (100% up to owners on when to make that call, 1 more bad head smack on the ice with permanent/fatal damage, during a fight should do it).