Habs claim Logan Shaw

Trizzak

We are down a Shaw so this makes sense...

Not to mention that we haven't had a bargain bin 4th liner picked up this year yet and there are quotas to fill.

He will probably be playing centre because there is no way possible that Galchenyuk is allowed to.

Not bitter about this move it just doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I understand it. 

We are down two forwards so we picked one up who can play some minutes. 

He's also likely to get minutes down the stretch, once some of our other pieces (ie Plekanec) are moved out. 

I can see it from this perspective as I didn't consider Plekanec.

At first glance I thought we put Galchenyuk at centre and call up someone from laval and problem solved.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I can see it from this perspective as I didn't consider Plekanec.

At first glance I thought we put Galchenyuk at centre and call up someone from laval and problem solved.

Bergevin appears ready to move heaven and earth to avoid putting Galchenyuk at centre. 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

we haven't had a bargain bin 4th liner picked up this year yet and there are quotas to fill.

He will probably be playing centre because there is no way possible that Galchenyuk is allowed to.

You hit the mark on both of these points.  MB being MB, as usual, patching the holes with scraps of whatever he can find while refusing to develop young players by giving them a shot in those roles (except Drouin, of course...who gets all the chances in the world to masquerade as a center).

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

For some reason.

Character, grit,  truclance, leadership?   Was he ever part of the Chicago organization?  Has to be at least one of those - given his face off percentage, it can’t be to help us win more draws!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Character, grit,  truclance, leadership?   Was he ever part of the Chicago organization?  Has to be at least one of those - given his face off percentage, it can’t be to help us win more draws!

He wasn't, but he was drafted by Florida 3 spots before Chicago drafted Klas Dahlbeck. I'm comfortable in making the call right now that Shaw was next on Chicago's list but Florida got to him first...

It feels right.