CANADIENS @ BRUINS, JAN 17, 19:30 ET

illWill

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I don't think he's delusional... Just saying what needs to be said to the media.

after tonight the sell-off should start - at least negotiations to move older players should start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

I'd rather Bergevin not be doing the negotiations. 

so would i, but i think Molson is going to give him more rope to hang himself.

As long as he is not allowed to make a deal for MaxPac, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, or other young players, i'm okay with him making moves if he is not going to get fired.  We need to get something for Pleks (who should have been moved during the Price injury year).  

Having said that I'd love to wake up tomorrow and hear that Molson grew some balls and fired MB and Julien and put Dudley in charge to move the older players until the end of the year as interim GM and Muller as the interim coach.

7 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

after tonight the sell-off should start - at least negotiations to move older players should start.

Depends on what the market is like... is anyone buying right now? Or are most waiting til the deadline for a) maximum cap space to work with, and b) more sellers

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'd rather Bergevin not be doing the negotiations. 

Last time Bergevin had to sell he managed to turn Weise and Fleischmann into Danault and a 2nd round pick. I am okay with him overseeing a sell off. 

But buying for playoffs or reshaping the core? He lost me in March 2017 and June 2016, respectively.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Depends on what the market is like... is anyone buying right now? Or are most waiting til the deadline for a) maximum cap space to work with, and b) more sellers

Last time Bergevin had to sell he managed to turn Weise and Fleischmann into Danault and a 2nd round pick. I am okay with him overseeing a sell off. 

But buying for playoffs or reshaping the core? He lost me in March 2017 and June 2016, respectively.

He had a few good deadlines before 2017.

I just have lost faith in him overall because of that deadline, the Subban deal, not replacing markov/radulov, not spending his cap space, etc..

Just imagining our blue line with Subban Sergachev and Markov makes me die a little inside. Sans Alzner. Even got plenty of room for Radulov then. Ehh I need to forget.

MB doesn’t have a bad trade deadline record, but I’m still scared of how he seems to imagine a good NHL d core looks, and don’t want him rebuilding it. 

10 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I don’t mind him trading garbage or spare parts, but given his last two big moves of key assets (Subban and Sergechev), I don’t want him allowed to move galchenyuk, Gallagher, lekhonan, maxpac, or Amy young players that could be part of the future.

1 minute ago, Meller93 said:

Just imagining our blue line with Subban Sergachev and Markov makes me die a little inside. Sans Alzner. Even got plenty of room for Radulov then. Ehh I need to forget.

MB doesn’t have a bad trade deadline record, but I’m still scared of how he seems to imagine a good NHL d core looks, and don’t want him rebuilding it. 

Most deadlines were good, but the 2017 deadline was a disaster

Well, I'm swamped with work, missed this one, and forgot to PVR it. Thank heaven for small mercies. 

I wonder if this is the day Bergevin's GMing days officially became numbered? I doubt Molson will fire him before season's end, but any doubts in his mind would surely be softened after seeing the team stink out the joint in a must-win game against our most hated rival. Of course, this assumes he is a normal, sensible owner - which is unproven.

Watching the game live gave me a different perspective. 

They plain suck. 

No heart, no drive, no desire. They have totally mailed it in.  

They are also ridiculously slow. 

It’s utterly depressing when your most effective (and visible) player is Deslauries. This team reeks AHL quality at its best. 

If if you can’t get yourself up to lay it all on the line and come play in Boston of all places when your season is on the line then you deserve your fate. 

No emotion, no dignity, no pride. Hit someone for the love of God!! 

Only becon of hope in this mess is that Price is still stone cold lethal. 

And for anyone who rags on Max just stop already. It’s beyond obvious that he’s one of the few visible, quality players you can build upon. It’s the De La Rose’s and Plekanec’s of the world that must be done with. And our whole D corps minus Mete. 

It’s a sad time to be a Habs fan living in New England ?

31 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Watching the game live gave me a different perspective. 

They plain suck. 

No heart, no drive, no desire. They have totally mailed it in.  

They are also ridiculously slow. 

It’s utterly depressing when your most effective (and visible) player is Deslauries. This team reeks AHL quality at its best. 

If if you can’t get yourself up to lay it all on the line and come play in Boston of all places when your season is on the line then you deserve your fate. 

No emotion, no dignity, no pride. Hit someone for the love of God!! 

Only becon of hope in this mess is that Price is still stone cold lethal. 

And for anyone who rags on Max just stop already. It’s beyond obvious that he’s one of the few visible, quality players you can build upon. It’s the De La Rose’s and Plekanec’s of the world that must be done with. And our whole D corps minus Mete. 

It’s a sad season to be a Habs fan. ?

Fixed that for ya.

WTF was Petry doing when lost his stick...he looked like a little kid whose icecream just fell on the floor! F your stick and cover someone or do something j-ass!!!

Didn't watch the game been busy with work, but from what I read sounds like the team didn't show up again. How many games this year is that now that this team hasn't shown up to play? I think its time to take the C of max and send a message to the rest of the players.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

Didn't watch the game been busy with work, but from what I read sounds like the team didn't show up again. How many games this year is that now that this team hasn't shown up to play? I think its time to take the C of max and send a message to the rest of the players.

He showed up, first shift drove the net to screen on Jerabek's goal. Had a few good checks but looked lost on the offensive zone 

Yeah but if you want to send a message to the team without making a big trade, then that's the only thing the coach can do. Take the C off max might wake the team up, put the responsibility on the players. Other teams have done it to there captains before. The one that comes to my mind is San Jose when Joe was there captain.

7 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Yeah but if you want to send a message to the team without making a big trade, then that's the only thing the coach can do. Take the C off max might wake the team up, put the responsibility on the players. Other teams have done it to there captains before. The one that comes to my mind is San Jose when Joe was there captain.

Neither Brown nor Thorton’s captaincy strippings were to send messages to the team. They were to send a message to Dustin and Joe, respectively. 

• Upvote 1

It also works on the premise that who has the C matters. 

That the team listens more to Max than they do to Price who has no letter, or Shea Weber who has an A, just cause his letter is a C. 

I don't think that is true. 

Natural leaders will lead, whether they have a letter or not.  Guys who aren't leaders, you can't make them into one by putting a C on them.  Its just a symbolic piece of cloth.  It doesn't change the dynamics of a dressing room.  Shea Weber is going to be respected in that dressing room, whether he has a C, an A, or no letter at all.   People are going to look at Gallagher as a hard worker, no matter what the letter.  Price is going to be a leader, no matter that he is a goalie with no letter.   Changing Max's letter isn't going to change his perceptions either. 

Icetime is what coaches have as their #1 incentive bullet.

Everyone keeps talking about the lack of effort from the Habs.  And with good reason.  They look, for the most part, like they are collecting a pay cheque and that is it.

Problem is, how motivated would you be when the coach and GM keep throwing players under the bus one at a time?

MaxPac, Galcheyuk (over and over again) and Drouin are just three examples.

Honestly, why would anyone want to play for this team - let alone feel motivated to give any effort. 

The Habs are a train wreck right now - with no leadership off the ice, let alone on it.  Truthfully it is an embarrassment to the long history of the team.

Imagine if your boss spoke about employees at work they way these guys do?  They obviously know that no one in management has their backs, so why would they go to war for them.  Even Price looks like he doesn't care half the time.  At least the Superman logo tattooed on his chest makes even a subpar performance from him look pretty darn good most nights.

True but they do that mostly to the younger guys not the vets on the team.

Tyler Segain has been stapled to bench as well as scratched in Dallas, is one example. 

And it can be simply miss a shift or two or taken off #1 PP unit or #1 PK unit, or the opposite and a guy is doubled shifted or plays all 2 minutes of the PP. Go to extreme and a 7 minutes shift for Kovalev in New York....which backfired as Kovalev thought was because he was playing so well and not punishment for his typical lazy/floating play.