Habs vs Bruins - 7:00 EST.

Trizzak

The Habs beat the Caps? I thought my GDT career would be a 'One and Done'r. Ah well, a winning streak is highly unlikely, I think I got one more GDT in me.

Habs forward lines are a collection of regret and denial.

Habs defence pairings are what doctor's prescribe to stop erections that have lasted for more than 4 hours.

Dlbalr, dude, stop expecting so much from me. This is all I can get out of my Motorola Krave.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Caps game yesterday was the first match I missed the entire season, and of course we won. I've been on a little unlucky streak myself, catching all our goals against and missing all our goals for, for one reason or another. I'll be tuned in to this one so hopefully my luck will change since I'm one of the (what seems like) few people still looking to enjoy some wins.

Since the game is at home, I think we've got a shot. 

• Upvote 1

I think based on the fact that this will be the 3rd meeting in 3 weeks, the Habs got a good shot for redemption as the underdog at home tonight. Predicting a 5-3 win over the poo bears. Anything can happen when rivalry teams meet, and Carey Price's Saturday night record is pretty stellar despite the downtick in performance. 

• Upvote 3

Bad shift by Galchenyuk. First he does a high-risk, low-reward pass in his own zone right to a Boston player, then he leaves his wing to go for the puck in the corner and pushes the puck up to the wing he just vacated. 

I will accept a goal as repayment for these errors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Byron with the steal, the speed, and the backhand sauce to Pacioretty

Wasn't that a beauty. 

I'll try to keep that one for the rest of the season.. nice to see the guys a little bit happy.

RIP Red Fisher.. 

2 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Trade them both before they cool down.

Heck Cammalleri them if you have to.

Okay no don't. Just kidding.

But seriously trade them with their value high.

I don't know enough to evaluate that view. I instinctively want to keep something of a team. 

6 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Trade them both before they cool down.

Heck Cammalleri them if you have to.

Okay no don't. Just kidding.

But seriously trade them with their value high.

The problem by anyone, is assuming their value was ever low. Their value, especially because of their contracts, have always been relatively high.  Why would their value be low?

I’ll be shocked if Pacioretty is traded but I guess we’ll have to keep hearing about it. 

Bruins taking over... 1-2 off a snipe by Krug. 

Just now, Toronthab said:

I don't know enough to evaluate that view. I instinctively want to keep something of a team. 

Why?

This team is winning nothing this year.

Next year the Lightning will still be good, the Bruins will still be good, the Leafs might be better, and the Habs at best will be fighting for a wildcard spot with the worst defence in the league and still relying almost entirely on Carey Price, now the highest paid goalie in the league.

You want to keep that together? You want to keep a wildcard team at best together? Maybe second in the Atlantic if they catch a hot streak and another team slips? There's no Cup chance with a club playing Karl Alzner and Jordie Benn in the top four and Paul Byron as their top centre. Sorry, not happening. Hasek got close with a team this bad and still, close is as close he got. Price is not Hasek, and this ain't the deadpuck era. Snap back to reality.

Something is wrong with CP31.. he needs to be the best player on the ice and he’s not.. the first one was awful, second was a decent shot but he needs to have that.. 

Habs were going, 2 quick goals and they look deflated 

Just now, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Why?

Next year the Lightning will still be good, the Bruins will still be good, the Leafs might be better, and the Habs at best will be fighting for a wildcard spot with the worst defence in the league and still relying almost entirely on Carey Price, now the highest paid goalie in the league.

You want to keep that together? You want to keep a wildcard team at best together? Maybe second in the Atlantic if they catch a hot streak and another team slips? There's no Cup chance with a club playing Karl Alzner and Jordie Benn in the top four and Paul Byron as their top centre. Sorry, not happening. Hasek got close with a team this bad and still, close is as close he got. Price is not Hasek, and this ain't the deadpuck era. Snap back to reality.

My point is that I don't have a strategic plan and want to see our good players go. I do suppose my basic notion in playing sports is.. play to win, coach to win and manage to win every game every time. I sure don't agree with tanking and I do understand the team building argument you make, but I don't know that I agree with it in principle. 

7 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Why?

So it’s clear as day that those I’ve seen who want to see Pacioretty traded are also doomsday prepers when it comes to the future of the Habs. The common reason I’ve seen for trading Pacioretty is the theory that the Habs won’t be very good while he’s in his prime. While I didn’t have much hope for this season based on our off season, there’s no way to fully assess our team of next year or the year after that and so the reasoning isn’t completely accurate. You can place us somewhere in the standings next year and the year after that but the truth is, no one is ever right. 

3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

So it’s clear as day that those I’ve seen who want to see Pacioretty traded are also doomsday prepers when it comes to the future of the Habs. The common reason I’ve seen for trading Pacioretty is the theory that the Habs won’t be very good while he’s in his prime. While I didn’t have much hope for this season based on our off season, there’s no way to fully assess our team of next year or the year after that and so the reasoning isn’t completely accurate. You can place us somewhere in the standings next year and the year after that but the truth is, no one is ever right. 

With me its more like my attitude to the teams I played hockey with. We are this team and we don't trade someone who is the team in a real way for someone who'll be good in 3 years. My sports philosophy is that you field the best team you have every game and work on that basis in hockey operations as much as possible. Its my sports attitude, not a strategic thing.

If that was literally anybody else on the team with that opportunity other than L Shaw, that puck was in.

Well, L Shaw and De La Rose.

Well, L Shaw, De La Rose, and Alzner.

But anybody else, it was in!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Trizzak said:

If that was literally anybody else on the team with that opportunity other than L Shaw, that puck was in.

Well, L Shaw and De La Rose.

Well, L Shaw, De La Rose, and Alzner.

But anybody else, it was in!

That's because he's a righty and had to shoot backhand :):P

First I noticed him was on that play.

• Upvote 1

First time we've gotten a call after a video review since I can remember. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1