Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Metallica

Do we send Price home and tell him to get healthier for next year??

Recommended Posts

With the way this season is going and the fact as of right now we are tied for 6th last in the NHL, do we shutdown Price? Send him home tell him to take it easy get the rest he needs and have him healthy for next season? This way we go for a top 3 pick in the draft. Or do we do what we always do push for a playoff spot come up short and pick in the middle missing out on top end prospects. I know it would be hard to tell a guy like price to get rest and stay home. I say from here on in trade our ufa's  call up the younger guys and give them a chance to show what they can do for the rest of the season. This way it gives you a better idea what we have in the system and what we need July 1st.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.

 

He is healthy, he should play.

 

Besides, this team can't score enough to capitalize on Price's stellar play anyway, and with more wingers playing center than actual centermen, this problem will not be solved this season no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players want to play.  Price isn't going to willingly go home for two and a half months just for the sake of it.  Not to mention the inevitable grievance that would be filed by the NHLPA and probably other teams for overtly tanking.  You can get away with that for the last game or two, not the last month or two of a season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.... this would never be allowed by the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Price is healthy, this seems crazy to me. Can you imagine any other team taking aside its healthy franchise player and saying, 'hey bud, the season's a bust, go home and see you in six months?!?'

 

Just from a business standpoint, that's obviously unacceptable. Price is the ONLY Hab fans in other buildings might be willing to pay to see. It would represent an indefensible, untenable precedent.

 

Now if you want to argue that Price was probably fighting through an injury at the start of the season and should not have tried to play through it - that's a different, and much more plausible, argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Price isn't Gomez, being protected for a buyout. That in itself was an absurd situation. I'd say the closest you could get to "sitting" Price is having starts split a little differently. Even then, the team isn't eliminated from playoff contention. Yes, the odds are rough, but these professional athletes still want to make the playoffs. The Avs have ripped off an unlikely 10-0 run...anything is possible, despite the higher draft pick that fans are clamoring for.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, huzer said:

Price isn't Gomez, being protected for a buyout. That in itself was an absurd situation. I'd say the closest you could get to "sitting" Price is having starts split a little differently. Even then, the team isn't eliminated from playoff contention. Yes, the odds are rough, but these professional athletes still want to make the playoffs. The Avs have ripped off an unlikely 10-0 run...anything is possible, despite the higher draft pick that fans are clamoring for.

Sitting with a 1 in 66.6 chance they make playoffs, so yes you could say 'there is still a chance' and not mathematically out of it yet...but realistically they are toast. But, Habs likely cant say that publically for a couple more weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DON said:

Sitting with a 1 in 66.6 chance they make playoffs, so yes you could say 'there is still a chance' and not mathematically out of it yet...but realistically they are toast. But, Habs likely cant say that publically for a couple more weeks

 

I was speaking strictly in mathematical terms, not expectation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Concidering how horrible our division is and the leafs playing not so good lately...

if we get a big winningstreak Im not surprised if we could squeek into the playoffs...    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Concidering how horrible our division is and the leafs playing not so good lately...

if we get a big winningstreak Im not surprised if we could squeek into the playoffs...    

 

The main thing that would have me personally cling on to that hope is that I expected the Habs to get better as a team as the season progressed.

 

The fact is that the Habs continue to have one of the worst records in the entire league when it comes to the past 10 games of the season and so it will take a whole of a lot of

change.

 

Since people have had low, or are starting to lower their expectations of the team, it’s also been only very lightly talked about that Shea Weber has been out and seems to have no imminent return. That’s going to have hurt our chances as well in all likelihood, even if we try hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This notion is ridiculous.  He is healthy, so he should do his job.  I do think it would be prudent to give Niemi more starts than one might normally however, given that the season is a writeoff..say one out of every 3 games or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It ain't the Habs fault their record and the Leafs record is pretty much identical since Price returned. That's on the Leafs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, huzer said:

 

I was speaking strictly in mathematical terms, not expectation.

1 in 66.6 chance of playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/22/2018 at 8:03 PM, Trizzak said:

Nope.

 

He is healthy, he should play.

 

Besides, this team can't score enough to capitalize on Price's stellar play anyway, and with more wingers playing center than actual centermen, this problem will not be solved this season no matter what.

A wing and a player? :pray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently he was suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome at the start of the season :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that is being lost in translation. 

 

He had symptoms of chronic fatigue.  Thats something that can happen with bad diet, and can be treated by fixing his diet, which is what they apparently did.  It was a short term thing and manageable.

 

It is unlikely he had chronic fatigue syndrome.  Thats a disease that doesn't go away.  Its unlikely he'd be playing at a high level now, if he had full blown fibromyalgia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think that is being lost in translation. 

 

He had symptoms of chronic fatigue.  Thats something that can happen with bad diet, and can be treated by fixing his diet, which is what they apparently did.  It was a short term thing and manageable.

 

It is unlikely he had chronic fatigue syndrome.  Thats a disease that doesn't go away.  Its unlikely he'd be playing at a high level now, if he had full blown fibromyalgia. 

 

OK then! 

 

When I heard that, the first thing I thought of was that he has a young kid. Few things destroy sleep like babies and little kids.

 

Bit surprising that this elite athlete didn't know how to feed himself - ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

OK then! 

 

When I heard that, the first thing I thought of was that he has a young kid. Few things destroy sleep like babies and little kids.

 

Bit surprising that this elite athlete didn't know how to feed himself - ?

 

 

 

How our body digests food changes over time. 

Its often gluten (wheat) related. Perhaps he was digesting it fine, and slowly it becomes a problem where it makes you more sluggish. Could be other foods too. 

Our body can change, and if we don't adjust our diet, then things that weren't problems before, become issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why NHL teams don't have a team of doctors, working with nutritionists, and chefs, like the big european football clubs do, I don't know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It sure any of the reasons suggested here are were the actual cause

 

 “I was always tired,” Price told TVA Sports. “A guy who eats well and sleeps well like me isn’t supposed to be tired like I was.”

 

Apparently Julien said he’s taking some more (or different) vitamins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

 It sure any of the reasons suggested here are were the actual cause

 

 “I was always tired,” Price told TVA Sports. “A guy who eats well and sleeps well like me isn’t supposed to be tired like I was.”

 

Apparently Julien said he’s taking some more (or different) vitamins. 

 

I didn't say it was gluten... I said thats one possible reason... for the record. 

But yes, he wasn't getting enough of something, or was getting too much of something else.... i don't know his daily diet or his blood results, just giving an example of what it could be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To answer the original question, I would say hell no!

 

The League probably wouldn't allow it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×