Jan. 23, Colorado vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Although the TSN announcers were glowing about the pace of the period, I thought that was a snoozefest.  It's one thing to have both teams going back and forth but if next to nothing is happening, it's still not that exciting.  The scoring chances were what, one apiece?  (I can't even think of one instance of note for either side to be honest...)

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

We're a half hour before game time and still no GDT so here are some spinning logos at least...

avalanche.gifvs canadiens.gif

I LOVE spinning logos!! Finally!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Is Galchenyuk looking better?

He has had a decent game.  It has actually been Drouin that has really stood out in a good way so far.  It has been a while since he has had a dominant game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

We're a half hour before game time and still no GDT so here are some spinning logos at least...

avalanche.gifvs canadiens.gif

I feel like this is as close to a dank "shitpost" we're ever going to get from dlbalr, and I am here for it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well, hope Hudon hasn't injured knee, that's all they would need, a young guy injured and out for extended period.

(Good back on bench and looks OK)

Edited by DON
add fact

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Although the TSN announcers were glowing about the pace of the period, I thought that was a snoozefest.  It's one thing to have both teams going back and forth but if next to nothing is happening, it's still not that exciting.  The scoring chances were what, one apiece?  (I can't even think of one instance of note for either side to be honest...)

I thought it was sarcasm.

Byron with a point in 5 straight games since he moved to centre. 

Drouin appears to get offended when Deslauriers passes him for goals scored. Two games in a row, Des scores and Dro scores right after. 7 goals apiece.

I don't know what the rules are on tampering with free agents, but if I'm Bergevin I meet with Deslauriers and his agent in late January and say, "Look, I'm going to move you at the trade deadline, but if you make it to free agency we'll have a contract offer for you. On a completely unrelated not, my favourite phrases are "2 years" and "1 million"... anyway, good luck in the playoffs!"

Just now, Commandant said:

Imagine that, Drouin can actually play. 

I think he's going to keep getting better the more he gets comfortable in the middle. 

What does his stomach have to do with anything? :wacko:

• Upvote 2

Good natured ribbing at my son’s hockey practice tonight. I opened the locker room door and was told to get out, weren’t wanted. Of course, I’m wearing a Habs shirt, in Avs country, in the midst of a 10 game winning streak. Heck, my son’s hockey team had free tickets to the game against the Leafs that started the whole streak. I was told I had to bring donuts and breakfast burritos to practice on Saturday since the Habs won.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Byron with a point in 5 straight games since he moved to centre. 

Drouin appears to get offended when Deslauriers passes him for goals scored. Two games in a row, Des scores and Dro scores right after. 7 goals apiece.

I don't know what the rules are on tampering with free agents, but if I'm Bergevin I meet with Deslauriers and his agent in late January and say, "Look, I'm going to move you at the trade deadline, but if you make it to free agency we'll have a contract offer for you. On a completely unrelated not, my favourite phrases are "2 years" and "1 million"... anyway, good luck in the playoffs!"

Byron's success at C is startling. Maybe we should have had him there all along...we might have had a decent #2C staring us in the face all along.

48 minutes ago, DON said:

Habs tied for 24th now and 11points behind Leafs. Maybe Leafs can really tumble, I think they have it in them.:D

Yep... will not be the first time if they do.

Question is can the habs get on a 10-game winning streak or something like that and catch them leafs? 

??