Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Jan. 25, Carolina vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

Recommended Posts

um... are we blaming the tip by williams on the goalie? you really think that Niemi was saving that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alzner skating it past their goal line was the most impressive thing I’ve seen him do this season.

 

(I still haven’t seen a replay of his goal) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

um... are we blaming the tip by williams on the goalie? you really think that Niemi was saving that?

 

No, but you send a message to your defencemen by changing goalies and telling the team, "This is a mercy pulling. All those goals are on you" and MAYBE that message gets across and they play better.

 

Price should have been pulled partway through the 2nd, but this team has an odd aversion to pulling Price mid-period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

um... are we blaming the tip by williams on the goalie? you really think that Niemi was saving that?

 

He let in 6. Maybe the tip was not his fault but he didn't play well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know about you guys, but the most exciting part of this season is when my phone dings. In that brief instant, there’s the small possibility that MB will begin to redeem himself. That we’ll begin to see the retooling of this team into something befitting of the most storied franchise in all of North American sports.

 

Until then, tank baby tank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheDriveFor25 said:

 

He let in 6. Maybe the tip was not his fault but he didn't play well. 

 

 

Ok, not arguing that. (even though I blame the D on nearly every goal, but I digress... lets assume you're right that he didn't play well)

 

You said he should have been pulled after the second.  You said not pulling him after 5 was a mistake..... which is why I'm saying, if we pulled him after five, do you think Niemi stops the tip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Ok, not arguing that. (even though I blame the D on nearly every goal, but I digress... lets assume you're right that he didn't play well)

 

You said he should have been pulled after the second.  You said not pulling him after 5 was a mistake..... which is why I'm saying, if we pulled him after five, do you think Niemi stops the tip?

 

The tip doesn't happen. If that exact play happens, probably not. But you pull your goalie to wake your team up a bit. The game obviously would not have played out the exact way if Niemi started the third. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me

Benn was a tire fire in this game

Mete and Jerabek looked like rookies doing rookie defence things. 

 

Schlemko and Alzner weren't great. 

Petry was once again the only top 4 D on the team (he had a hell of a game). 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Commandant said:


Petry was once again the only top 4 D on the team (he had a hell of a game). 

 

If I remember correctly Petry played lights out good for a small stretch last year around this time,  And we were all saying wow this guy is great! 

 

Then he he went back to his usual uninspired play for the last 30ish games of the season.

 

MB should be shopping him right now.  Maybe add him to a package involving Pacioretty  to get a primo center prospect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, petry is having a good year. The team definitely needs a top 4 left handed defenseman though. And a centre.  I would not trade petry. He is fine. And would be missed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with Petry. 

 

People complain that he isn't consistent, but thats fine.... he's a #3 defenceman, paid like a #3 defenceman.  I don't see him as an issue. 

 

He's generally good, but makes some mistakes. 

 

If he didn't make mistakes he'd be a true #1 and his contract would be a lot higher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

Overall, petry is having a good year. The team definitely needs a top 4 left handed defenseman though. And a centre. 

 

At least one top 4 LHD

 

unless Mete can get to be top 4 by next year, or you want to re-sign Jerabek and gamble on him being top 4.. you need 2. 

Even our best D prospects in the minors... Juulsen who is close to ready... and Brook who is a bit away... are Right D.

 

Dahlin would be gigantic to this team. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone with talent would be huge on this team. 

 

They need 2 top C. Drouin isn't the answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'm fine with Petry. 

 

People complain that he isn't consistent, but thats fine.... he's a #3 defenceman, paid like a #3 defenceman.  I don't see him as an issue. 

 

He's generally good, but makes some mistakes. 

 

If he didn't make mistakes he'd be a true #1 and his contract would be a lot higher. 

I've always really liked Petry. Wonderful skater. Even I have flaws. Well..not really...:huh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drouin has 8 points in his last 8 games. 

 

I'd leave him there for the rest of the season.  No reason to give up now. 

 

Acquire young centres if you can at the deadline.  Reevaluate Drouin in April. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read today that Bruce Jenner is thinking of miraculously becoming a man again .. does he play hockey? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entertaining and odd game; but great to see Hab forwards score a few at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DON said:

Entertaining and odd game; but great to see Hab forwards score a few at least. 

Ya..that's what I really enjoyed to. It looked like they really wanted to score some goals.. a mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the defense, plain and simple. 

 

Yes, we need a legit centre, but this defense is absolutely terrible. 

 

Bergevin shit the bed so badly on this one. It's disgusting 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

I don’t know about you guys, but the most exciting part of this season is when my phone dings. In that brief instant, there’s the small possibility that MB will begin to redeem himself. That we’ll begin to see the retooling of this team into something befitting of the most storied franchise in all of North American sports.

 

Until then, tank baby tank.

Every point we get from here on out hurts this team and its future. Something tells me we end up picking in the middle again and blow our chance at a top 5 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Every point we get from here on out hurts this team and its future. Something tells me we end up picking in the middle again and blow our chance at a top 5 pick.

 

I notice that every time we win a game, there is a flurry of comments among journalists and fans calculating our playoff chances. There is still denial out there - no doubt within the organization as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

I notice that every time we win a game, there is a flurry of comments among journalists and fans calculating our playoff chances. There is still denial out there - no doubt within the organization as well. 

I agree last week when we where 4th last MB should of started selling our ufa's. We don't need to make big trades like trading away Pacioretty, Gallagher, galchenyuk. But we should be looking at trading Plekenec, petry, Benn. Get as much picks as we can and let the kids play see what we have and what we need to get to retool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I agree last week when we where 4th last MB should of started selling our ufa's. We don't need to make big trades like trading away Pacioretty, Gallagher, galchenyuk. But we should be looking at trading Plekenec, petry, Benn. Get as much picks as we can and let the kids play see what we have and what we need to get to retool.

 

Can't sell if no one is buying. Best value for a selloff is usually at the deadline.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I notice that every time we win a game, there is a flurry of comments among journalists and fans calculating our playoff chances. There is still denial out there - no doubt within the organization as well. 

 

There's no harm in tossing in the playoff percentage in passing and a lot of the time, the percentage is immediately following with a comment about how unlikely the playoffs still are.

 

As a writer, I can appreciate that it's way too early to basically have some form of this in every game column between now and the end of the season:

 

- The Habs won but they still have no hope of a playoff spot.

 

or

 

- The Habs lost and there's still no hope of a playoff spot.

 

To me, that would get really annoying to write 33 more times between now and the end of the year (and it would get annoying to read as well).  I don't think there's much denial out there regarding Montreal's fate but tossing in a playoff percentage at least dresses up the 'they're still screwed' line a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×