Habs vs Blues - 8:00 EST.

Trizzak

14 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Over halfway through the 1st period and the Blues don't have a shot on net.

I have the game on mute and occasionally my eyes wander over to the TV screen, but quickly go back to my laptop. I am going to assume that St. Louis with their zero shots were just as dangerous as Montreal with whatever amount of shots they had. 

4 minutes ago, illWill said:

I have the game on mute and occasionally my eyes wander over to the TV screen, but quickly go back to my laptop. I am going to assume that St. Louis with their zero shots were just as dangerous as Montreal with whatever amount of shots they had.

The Habs had a few decent chances and were the better team through the first 15 minutes or so; St. Louis had nothing going (it wasn't like they were getting shots that were just missing or were blocked - they just rarely had the puck). 

I think Alzner and Beaulieu would battle it out for worst slap shot  in the NHL. All Alzners shots "at net" go wide and are soft, at least Morrow has hard shot.

7 minutes ago, DON said:

I think Alzner and Beaulieu would battle it out for worst slap shot  in the NHL. All Alzners shots "at net" go wide and are soft, at least Morrow has hard shot.

I'd put Mete in that class.  He does some good things at the offensive end but shooting it hard is not one of them.

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'd put Mete in that class.  He does some good things at the offensive end but shooting it hard is not one of them.

Yes, just didn't want to add him in and he is just a teenager.

Just now, Trizzak said:

Habs lead the league in games where they score 1 goal or less. 

Their Boredom/60 is phenomenal. 

Couldn’t agree more, it’s tough. The worst part is they’ve given up a lot of goals too, so the games tend to be 3-1, 4-2 losses. :cry_smile:

My sights are set of the deadline/draft at this point. I won’t actively cheer for losses, but I don’t mind them either. The top 4 draft eligible players look pretty nice this year..

10 hours ago, Habsfan said:

Sucks to see our boys lose, but I think this is what needs to happen! 

Agree, sitting 28th with basically zero chance of making playoffs, so there shouldn't be any doubt about a Mid-April tee time for the Habs. Will the Montreal fans keep showing up to see a team just going through the motions?

Vegas seems like a nice spot for Plekanec to go as a vet defensive centre for playoffs..

28 minutes ago, DON said:

Will the Montreal fans keep showing up to see a team just going through the motions?

I bought tickets against the Panthers in Florida back when the Habs still had a chance to make the playoffs. Even though I am 10 rows behind their bench I am not very excited at all. 

The Habs are the new Ballard Leafs...a guaranteed money maker that doesn't need to put out a good product. And therefore doesn't.

IF fans stopped going to games, however, that certainly would be a game changer.

I was home at 9 last night...I could have watched what was left of the game...and chose not to.  It has been many years since I didn't even watch part of a game by choice.  *sigh*

9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Habs are the new Ballard Leafs...a guaranteed money maker that doesn't need to put out a good product. And therefore doesn't.

IF fans stopped going to games, however, that certainly would be a game changer.

I said last year that the team and the fan base are starting to resemble what the leafs used to be.  Blindly cheering for and supporting management lose, lose, or lose and was criticized for the posts and making the leafs comparasions.  The sad thing is the leafs are positioned to become a respectable, elite franchise the habs used to be, while we are positioned to become the new original 6 laughing stock embarrassing door mats.  But yep, MB was right on he money in the great moves he made, because we are soooooo much better than we were under Gauthier.?