Team Leaders Montreal Carolina

Game Notes

Goals Brendan Gallagher (18) Sebastian Aho (17) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists Jonathan Drouin (19) Teuvo Teravainen (27) National TV: N/A
Points Max Pacioretty (31) Teuvo Teravainen (40) Regional TV: TSN2, RDS, FS-SE
PIMS Andrew Shaw (47) Justin Williams (46) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Nicolas Deslauriers (+8) Trevor van Riemsdyk (+10) French Radio: FM 98.5

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Over 10 minutes pass in the 1st with the Habs shotless. 

Galchenyuk finally gets a shot on net, into Cam Ward's glove.

The shot would have gone wide. 

Hey they held St. Louis without a shot for 17 minutes last game, and that didn't work; so now they are trying the opposite.

50 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Brian, I thought we all reached an unwritten understanding or agreement about low effort GDT's for the rest of the season.

I already do pretty low effort GDTs for the minor league games so I can't do too many of those for the Montreal ones.

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Why is Elias Lindholm playing wing on the Canes fourth line, and what would they want from us to take him off their hands

I had a similar thought when I saw him down that low (he has shifted back and forth between centre and the wing at times in his career).  I'd be kicking the tires if I was Bergevin as he could be a decent second line centre long-term.  He's a restricted free agent this summer and is two years from UFA (he'll be eligible at 25) so it will be interesting to see what type of contract he's looking for.

28 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I already do pretty low effort GDTs for the minor league games so I can't do too many of those for the Montreal ones.

I had a similar thought when I saw him down that low (he has shifted back and forth between centre and the wing at times in his career).  I'd be kicking the tires if I was Bergevin as he could be a decent second line centre long-term.  He's a restricted free agent this summer and is two years from UFA (he'll be eligible at 25) so it will be interesting to see what type of contract he's looking for.

Yeah I don't think he's a number 1, but I think he's a number 2, and can play at both ends.  He's probably an upgrade on Danault. 

45 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

This team doesn't deserve you.

It's not about the team but the board.  It's hard to attract new members when someone's throwing a GDT up minutes before the game starts that looks like it took all of 30 seconds to put together.  Once in a while is okay but if that becomes normal, it's a concern and doesn't help us get more readers/members.

8 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

The Habs lead the league this season in games scoring zero or one goal. They have 19 games with one or zero already this season. The Habs trail 1-0 after 2 periods.

At least they're consistent?

• Upvote 1

I flipped over and watched a minute or so of the game during one of the commercial breaks during Young Sheldon.  That minute was boring, and by the stats and comments here, I'm guessing that's indicative of how it has gone so far.

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'm really concerned if people find young sheldon more entertaining than this team.... really concerned. 

If they make another spinoff - baby Sheldon, even that would be more entertaining than this team. 

7th time this year the Habs have been shutout! 

I really feel for Carey! Poor guy, he knows that if he gives up ONE single goal, their chances of winning the game are reduced drastically!