Feb. 1, Montreal vs Carolina, 7 PM

dlbalr

26 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I flipped over and watched a minute or so of the game during one of the commercial breaks during Young Sheldon.  That minute was boring, and by the stats and comments here, I'm guessing that's indicative of how it has gone so far.

Doctors prescribe video of the Habs offensive zone play to those suffering from insomnia.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

7th time this year the Habs have been shutout! 

I really feel for Carey! Poor guy, he knows that if he gives up ONE single goal, their chances of winning the game are reduced drastically!

Well I did say albeit sarcastically earlier, for this team to be successful, Price will have to start scoring goals to win, looks like that may actually be what it will take.?

Some positives..

Ottawa won to move to 41 points, only 5 back now with 2 games in hand

Florida won to move to 48 points, 2 up on the Habs

Montoya starts for the Oilers.. is that 4 appearances now?

Better draft position!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Only 3 of Montoya's 4 appearances count.... they have to be at least 35 minutes and one was only 28

Good to know.. so still need 4 more.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I guess Montreal's home statisticians travelled with the team for this one.  There is no way the Habs had 54 hits tonight...I don't think they had half that many.

Mike Johnson noted during the game that Carolina statisticians overcount hits during the game, and cited Jeff O'Neil for that info. 

So Julien left Price in net with his team down 2 goals in the final minute, basically sending a message to the rest of the team that this is on them, not Price. 

I can't remember if it was Therrien that was the last coach to do that in Montreal or one of his predecessors (it feels like a Jacques Martin move), but I'm not sure how well that goes over in the locker room, no matter how true the message is. We'll see on Saturday.

7 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

10th time the Habs have been shut out in the regular season since Julien became coach.

I thought for sure it had to be way more so I looked it up, and you're right, it is "only" 10 times. 

Did some quick math while I was at it and over 81 games with the Habs, Julien has coached them to an explosive 200 goals for an average of 2.4 goals per game. Which as we all know, puts them as one of the worst offensive teams in the league. 

Life is so much better when the Habs are competitive. Being out of the playoff race halfway through the season sucks. From an entertainment perspective I would much rather them fighting for a playoff spot and playing a round or two than this crap.