Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

2018 PyeongChang Olympics Thread

dlbalr    725

The 2018 Winter Olympics are here without a whole lot of fanfare (blame the NHL not stopping its schedule for a decent-sized chunk of that).  Will Russia the 'Olympic Athletes from Russia' walk away with the men's hockey title?  Let's use this thread to discuss the Olympic events over the next few weeks.

Fanpuck33    44

And thus begins two weeks of half days of work so I can binge on Olympics! Already another rough start for USA curling, dropping to 1-3 this morning.

Fanpuck33    44

I hate NBC's coverage. Even worse live coverage than usual. And if they hold off on showing something in the afternoon, you can be sure they are saving an American medal for primetime. Meaning if they show an event in the afternoon, you can bet an American is not going to medal.

Curling coverage is especially bad. They aired the 2nd semi on a 13 hour delay and are showing it again 3 hours after that rather than airing the bronze match live. Gold medal will also be a 13 hour delay, I believe. Have to stream to watch anything in a timely manner.

dlbalr    725

I thought they were showing a lot more stuff live this year?  That's certainly the way they were advertising it at least.

JoeLassister    296

Shaun White is just so sick.

Fanpuck33    44
On 2/12/2018 at 8:12 PM, dlbalr said:

I thought they were showing a lot more stuff live this year?  That's certainly the way they were advertising it at least.

Everything is available live online, but it's just the international video feed and doesn't always have commentary. Hockey, alpine, and figure skating are the only thing the are consistently airing live on TV. Only a couple other events are live each day.