Landeskog - Kerfoot - Wilson

Jost - Compher - Rantanen

Bourque - Soderberg - Nieto

Yakupov - Toninato - Greer

Zadorov - Johnson

Lindholm - Barrie

Girard - Nemeth

Varlamov

Puck drop is at 9:30, right after the Laval game.

7 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The goalies deserve so much better than the team in front of them. 

Niemi has been great in Montreal. I hope someone gives him a chance at the trade deadline, even if it's for "Future Considerations."

I agree. Niemi had been really good this year.

Watched most of 2nd period...was more than enough of the offensive juggernaut for me; but, they at least lost with no points.

Also nice to see Galagher get 20+ minutes of icetime.:clap:

The only positive about attending the game is that my son got to be near the tunnel and got knuckles from most of the team. The excitement on his face was worth it.

Now, for the 50 year old tool (with the trophy wife in tow) that said my son needed to move because those were his seats, and he had no interest in the players, screw you. You could've stayed one seat over while he had the opportunity to watch the players come out. My wife politely asked if my son could stay there while the players came on the ice, and he flatly said, no, these are my seats, tell your kid to move. If it was just me and my wife at a game and a young kid wanted to be at the tunnel during practice, I'd be a-ok with it. We moved a couple of rows back and all was well, but man, the smug jerk in his suit, slicked back hair to cover his bald spot, I've never wanted to just pour a beer on someone more than that guy. Unfortunately, I didn't have one.

Anyway, I can barely remember the game. I'm starting to have a hard time rembering what it's like to watch the team win. The good news is my son's favorite teams are Montreal and Colorado, so he was equally happy that the Avs won. I was happy because it meant no points for Montreal. The end of the season is kind of a win/win, I can get a small sense of enjoyment when they win (even though I know the best thing at this point is lose baby!) , and appreciate the impact for the future when they lose.

17 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The goalies deserve so much better than the team in front of them. 

Niemi has been great in Montreal. I hope someone gives him a chance at the trade deadline, even if it's for "Future Considerations."

We don't know for sure if he even can be traded.  My understanding of the waiver rule is that if someone else claimed him off waivers from Florida when Montreal did, he has to be waived first before being dealt.

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Nobody on waivers today suggests that either Danault is not playing tonight, or Scherbak will be sent down, or there is a trade coming.

Jerabek to the minors is another way they can get around the roster size issue for the time being.  Yes, he has his out clause but if he was told he'd be coming right back when they clear up a spot, I doubt it'd be an issue.

On the GDT note, who's taking tonight's game?

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

We don't know for sure if he even can be traded.  My understanding of the waiver rule is that if someone else claimed him off waivers from Florida when Montreal did, he has to be waived first before being dealt.

TSN's Bob McKenzie reported on Insider Trading tonight that Niemi is available which would suggest that the Habs are free to trade him and that no one else claimed him off waivers when Montreal did.