Montreal at Arizona - 9PM EST

xXx..CK..xXx

4 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Is it just me or are you guys afraid of what Bergevin might do to try and save his job, that would only set us back even more as an franchise.

I'm not really worried about that happening.  The trade deadline is more for tinkering moves than big shakeups.  I think it's a buyers' market for non-rentals this year which will shift a Pacioretty trade to the offseason at the earliest and Montreal's activity will be nothing more than dealing expiring contracts or depth players.  The opportunity to take the proverbial big swing to save his job (which I'm not sure is really in much jeopardy, to be honest) probably isn't going to be there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm not watching many games these days, but when you read about Price and MaxPac crapping out, you have to think they've given up and are thinking about tee-times. (Good to think all that LEADERSHIP is paying off).

With Price, it's surprising.  With Max it's just his typical useless play in between hot streaks...nothing new.  Last night was game #8 of his latest string of uselessness that occurs on the heels of a goal scoring outburst.  It's so damn predictable you could set your watch to it.

16 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

We have the better team. I predict a win. 5-2

My bad. I meant to post that on my Arizona Coyotes forum. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not really worried about that happening.  The trade deadline is more for tinkering moves than big shakeups.  I think it's a buyers' market for non-rentals this year which will shift a Pacioretty trade to the offseason at the earliest and Montreal's activity will be nothing more than dealing expiring contracts or depth players.  The opportunity to take the proverbial big swing to save his job (which I'm not sure is really in much jeopardy, to be honest) probably isn't going to be there.

I was thinking draft and July 1st also not just deadline day. I just think he is going to try a pull out all the stops to try and save his job and not think about what's best for the team. If he isn't fired at the end of the year one would have to think if he doesn't have a good year next year he will be fired.