Feb. 17, Habs vs Golden Knights, 7 PM

dlbalr

In the spirit of this being a game in Vegas (and to maybe give us something to talk about before it starts), here are some over/under lines for tonight's game:

1.5 - Goals scored by Montreal

2.5 - Shots on goal for Max Pacioretty

27.5 - Saves by Antti Niemi Carey Price

13:00 - Ice time for Nikita Scherbak

47.5% - Montreal's faceoff percentage (since faceoff talk is all the rage at the moment...)

Puck drop is at 7 with Vancouver's regional broadcast crew on play-by-play calling the game for some reason.

Niemi starts this game. I can't remember the last time the backup goalie started a game where Price was healthy and it wasn't a back-to-back situation.

Julien poking Price a bit? Carey has been shit lately, so I don't mind it. 

Edit: Or showcasing Niemi a bit to see if they can get some interest in him before the deadline? His numbers in Montreal have been pretty good. 

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

In the spirit of this being a game in Vegas (and to maybe give us something to talk about before it starts), here are some over/under lines for tonight's game:

1.5 - Goals scored by Montreal

2.5 - Shots on goal for Max Pacioretty

27.5 - Saves by Antti Niemi Carey Price

13:00 - Ice time for Nikita Scherbak

47.5% - Montreal's faceoff percentage (since faceoff talk is all the rage at the moment...)

Puck drop is at 7 with Vancouver's regional broadcast crew on play-by-play calling the game for some reason.

Over

Over

Over

Over

Under :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Niemi starts this game. I can't remember the last time the backup goalie started a game where Price was healthy and it wasn't a back-to-back situation.

Julien poking Price a bit? Carey has been shit lately, so I don't mind it. 

Edit: Or showcasing Niemi a bit to see if they can get some interest in him before the deadline? His numbers in Montreal have been pretty good. 

Management is in full tank mode

Knew I’d be off on the saves over/under after the first goal for Niemi....

Does it count if Price accumulates them since his name is (sort of) there? :pray:

Just now, Trizzak said:

wtf Scherbek just got me pregnant.

There aren't many things to look forward to during the remainder of this season, but watching Galchenyuk and Scherbak play together is one of them.

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

There aren't many things to look forward to during the remainder of this season, but watching Galchenyuk and Scherbak play together is one of them.

Things to actively cheer for while riding The Tank:

1. Galchenyuk and Scherbak chemistry

2. Mete's first goal.

Without looking up his stats in the minors, I think Scherbak is going to be somewhat of a star in the league. The grind of a full season will eventually get him but I can see it in him. Kind of looks like a Voracek with less passing and more finish. 

2 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Without looking up his stats in the minors, I think Scherbak is going to be somewhat of a star in the league. The grind of a full season will eventually get him but I can see it in him. Kind of looks like a Voracek with less passing and more finish. 

I'd like to see him pack on a bit of muscle this summer. He looks like he'd benefit from a few more lbs. 

• Upvote 1

I think the Chuck-Johnny-Nikita line, given a few more months together can do some serious damage. Agree with you guys that Scherbek is something we should be happy about. Bright future.

I missed the first period. Tuning in at the second, I've had the joy of watching one of the worst, most hapless editions of the Montreal Canadiens I've ever seen. Garbage in every way, bad beyond all infinite possible dimensions of badness, just festering piles of uniformed sh*t spread all over the ice in disarray, like heaps left by some massive, diarrhetic hippopotamus. The architects of this miserable excuse for a hockey club should be banned from the city of Montreal on pain of summary execution.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2