Feb. 20, Habs vs Flyers

dlbalr

That's 10 without a goal for Captain Slumpy.  He is nothing if not consistent with his inconsistency...should have been shopping him hard around game 5 of his last hot streak, and had him moved by the 7th game.  It's that damn predictable.

Habsworld #KomandaT-72 update:

Habs gained 1 point, Edmonton lost, Detroit lost, Florida lost.

Vancouver might win. Vancouver lost.

Not a great night Horrid night for The Tank. LA did get 2 points though, and are back in a playoff spot. 

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

That's 10 without a goal for Captain Slumpy.  He is nothing if not consistent with his inconsistency...should have been shopping him hard around game 5 of his last hot streak, and had him moved by the 7th game.  It's that damn predictable.

He's a streaky player

Do you think NHL GMs haven't noticed that inconsistency over the last 5 years?

Do you think an NHL GM really values him more at game 5 of a goal scoring streak and game 5 of a drought?

I don't.  I think they all know he's the same guy... someone who normally scores 30, 35, but who does so by having peaks and valleys through the season.  This isn't new, and I don't think current streaks have any effect on his value.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Habsworld #KomandaT-72 update:

Habs gained 1 point, Edmonton lost, Detroit lost, Florida lost.

Vancouver might win. Vancouver lost.

Not a great night Horrid night for The Tank. LA did get 2 points though, and are back in a playoff spot. 

At least the Canucks get 1 point. 

We pass the Senators, but only the Senators tonight. 

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

He's a streaky player

Do you think NHL GMs haven't noticed that inconsistency over the last 5 years?

Do you think an NHL GM really values him more at game 5 of a goal scoring streak and game 5 of a drought?

I don't.  I think they all know he's the same guy... someone who normally scores 30, 35, but who does so by having peaks and valleys through the season.  This isn't new, and I don't think current streaks have any effect on his value.

A GM who declines to trade for Patches because he is currently in a slump is a negligent GM. This guy is a proven commodity.

More frustrating is that, in the year when we should be looking to trade him, the market is apparently glutted with LW. Sure, he's the best one of the bunch, but I could readily see a team going for Nash or Kane (say) on the grounds that they'll cost less and provide most of what he does.

The glut is the reason - beyond the incompetence of our GM - that I don't think he'll move at the deadline. A smart GM would pull back if he can't get full value and see what falls out at the draft.

59 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A GM who declines to trade for Patches because he is currently in a slump is a negligent GM. This guy is a proven commodity.

More frustrating is that, in the year when we should be looking to trade him, the market is apparently glutted with LW. Sure, he's the best one of the bunch, but I could readily see a team going for Nash or Kane (say) on the grounds that they'll cost less and provide most of what he does.

The glut is the reason - beyond the incompetence of our GM - that I don't think he'll move at the deadline. A smart GM would pull back if he can't get full value and see what falls out at the draft.

Agree on that.  I've always said, if you don't get the value today, you hold him to the summer, or even into next season to get that value. 

The prices on Kane and Nash are still very high, and they are rentals. 

You get that top prospect centre + pick+ more, or you don't move him. 

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Agree on that.  I've always said, if you don't get the value today, you hold him to the summer, or even into next season to get that value. 

The prices on Kane and Nash are still very high, and they are rentals. 

You get that top prospect centre + pick+ more, or you don't move him. 

Id assume Pacioretty will go in the summer 

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

I've always said, if you don't get the value today, you hold him to the summer, or even into next season to get that value

Regression happens even with snipers, his value could potentially fall further, then what?  He might be 2nd line at best material by next season, Bergevin needs to pull the trigger at the deadline if the yield is right. 

49 minutes ago, l<OV4L3V said:

Regression happens even with snipers, his value could potentially fall further, then what?  He might be 2nd line at best material by next season, Bergevin needs to pull the trigger at the deadline if the yield is right. 

If the value is there, sure. 

If a market that includes, Nash, Kane, Maroon, Hoffman, Grabner is too crowded and supply and demand forces prices down, i have no issue waiting. 

He's 29, I have no issue waiting, I don't think he's regressing yet... but i don't want to sign him for 6 years either. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Vezina candidate after the Habs are done with him.

I must admit, the Habs are notorious for giving up goals to NHL newcomers and wins to goalies that nobody knew of until they were in the program.

According to daily face-off, Georgiev is 12-11-2 with a .908 SV% Hartford (AHL)