Habs vs Tampa - 7:00 EST

Trizzak

I was going to reply “Niemi will let in a goal” but I didn’t want to! 

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Quick! Trade him while his value is high!!

Heh.   Where is that list of scouts at the Bell Center tonight?

2 minutes ago, habscout said:

Sweet Jeebus!  Max scored?!

MB....get working the phone NOW...sell them on "Max is about to go on a tear", and promise to personally drive him to the airport right after this game to ensure he's in the lineup for the next scheduled game.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Craziness continues! Max with two massive opportunites (which he promptly blew), then Byron. Fun stuff for once.

The breakaway chance where he missed the net, was so typical of his season.

Juulsen is over 15 minutes already (and playing pretty well versus a top team).  On the flip side, poor Carr - he set up a goal in the first, had another really good shift right after, and still hasn't played six minutes yet.  I don't understand why Julien has so little confidence in him when he has been as productive as he has (12 points in 21 games).

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Juulsen is over 15 minutes already (and playing pretty well versus a top team).  On the flip side, poor Carr - he set up a goal in the first, had another really good shift right after, and still hasn't played six minutes yet.  I don't understand why Julien has so little confidence in him when he has been as productive as he has (12 points in 21 games).

What is especially impressive, is Juulsen is leading all Habs defencemen.

I agree about Carr.  I recall seeing him make a smart backcheck in his own zone to prevent a decent scoring chance. So I don't believe his defensive game is that bad.

Habs give up a breakaway on a power play thanks to Petry's brain cramp, and they got 2 good chances .  

1 minute ago, habscout said:

Another breakaway for Max, and he finds a different way to screw it up.  :angry:

Poor guy .. he's feeling the weight of this year. Hope he recovers and shines. 

Now Morrow gets a bad penalty, one that could have easily been coincidental minors since the Tampa player was holding his stick. 

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

Niemi has been great...so many huge saves.

Considering Niemi gave up 12 goals to Tampa in 2 games while he was Pittsburgh earlier this season, yes.