NHL trade deadline thread

Trizzak

Obviously we'll do individual threads for any more Habs trades if there are any, but let's get hype for tomorrow:

Which Habs players do you expect will get dealt?

Which Habs players do you want to get dealt?

Plus other team talk, let's go!

Expecting to be traded:

Pacioretty, Schlemko

Want traded:

delaRose, Lenkohnen, Carr, L.Shaw, Schlemko and two 2018 2nd draft picks to get a 1C and another D prospect.

Players from other teams we KNOW are moving:

Evander Kane

Ian Cole

Mike Green

Thomas Vanek

Patrick Maroon

Jack Johnson - not a complete guarantee he moves

Anybody else? Rental D seem thin, so I wonder if someone puts an offer out there for Benn? I'd prefer Schlemko gone (that contract, yeesh) but he seems more likely to move in the summer (if at all.)

I'm trying to come up with guys certain to move, and I keep seeing former Habs.

Josh Gorges and Benoit Pouliot likely move as rentals, though they will be cheap. 

Gotta think the Rangers would love to get an asset for Desharnais. 

Non-former Habs

Tommy Wingels

Brad Richardson

Luke Schenn

Cody Franson

20 minutes ago, bar said:

I remember when the trade deadline was full of "who are we going to get!?", now it's "what deadweight can we cut".

:(

I remember when we were one goal scorer away from possibly winning a cup. Aaaaaaaaa the good old days ?

4 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I remember when we were one goal scorer away from possibly winning a cup. Aaaaaaaaa the good old days ?

Everything was changed when the Bergevin nation attacked.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Marc Bergevin - lost Brandon Davidson on Waivers
Peter Chiarelli - got a third for Brandon Davidson
Pierre Dorion - got a third for Ian Cole

Chiarelli > Dorion > Bergevin

True dat. Although doing better than Dorion or Bergevin is a bit like being taller than a pygmy. (At least Dorion has the excuse of being handcuffed by a miserly and meddling owner).

6 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Here's a question, after everything Pacioretty has gone through this year with the fans and media, do you think he resigns with us if we don't trade him??

He still has another year on his contract so he technically doesn't have to re-sign until late June/early July of 2019.  An awful lot can change between now and then.  Right now though, I doubt he's enthused about the idea of sticking around long-term.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He still has another year on his contract so he technically doesn't have to re-sign until late June/early July of 2019.  An awful lot can change between now and then.  Right now though, I doubt he's enthused about the idea of sticking around long-term.

I know he has one year left, just saying i think he's check himself out. Don't know if he will want to resign 

Well, didn't Elliotte Friedman say that MaxPac 'wants out'? Who can blame him.

What irritates a bit about this is how badly MaxPac wanted to be captain. He thought he wanted the pressure and the responsibility. I'll bet if he had to do it over, he might rethink that.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, didn't Elliotte Friedman say that MaxPac 'wants out'? Who can blame him.

What irritates a bit about this is how badly MaxPac wanted to be captain. He thought he wanted the pressure and the responsibility. I'll bet if he had to do it over, he might rethink that.

I think everything changed when we got Drouin. The French media appointed the home town boy the next captain. So they have been extra hard on Pacioretty because of it.

9 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I think everything changed when we got Drouin. The French media appointed the home town boy the next captain. So they have been extra hard on Pacioretty because of it.

That coupled with Max having an absolutely terrible season...the perfect storm.

22 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

That coupled with Max having an absolutely terrible season...the perfect storm.

Terrible season while leading the team in points scoring. Meanwhile, Gallagher is having a “fine year”’.

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

yea, 37 points is certainly outstanding, 

While Gallagher 36 is outstanding as well. 

Your a bottom feeder if your team may not have anyone with 50 points

Exactly. The team is having a bad season. Not Pacioretty. He would still be the leader in points with a better Habs squad, or top 2, just like he always is.

Drouin is doing even worse.