NHL trade deadline thread

Trizzak

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Hudon i think has more goals than Drouin. 

The team is a mess, MB better turnover a bunch of this roster today

I wish they plus try Hudon at center instead of DLR

I am sure we would be fine, for example with Byron and A.Shaw

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Dang, St Louis clearing a roster spot for Pacioretty, lol 

St Louis has been struggling for a bit and falling down the standings. Looks like the GM doesn't believe in his team at all. 

19 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Terrible season while leading the team in points scoring. Meanwhile, Gallagher is having a “fine year”’.

When you are supposed to be one of the elite goalscorers in the league, but only have 17 goals at the deadline....that's a terrible season.  Gallagher isn't in that class; you're comparing apples to oranges.

6 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Stastny to Winnipeg woooooooowwwwwwwwww

No kidding....to say I didn't see a move like that coming is an understatement.  Winnipeg is loading up...and Blues look like they are folding.

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

I wish they plus try Hudon at center instead of DLR

I am sure we would be fine, for example with Byron and A.Shaw

He’s played some games at center. We lost badly in one of those games, not that it was his fault. 

8 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

When you are supposed to be one of the elite goalscorers in the league, but only have 17 goals at the deadline....that's a terrible season.  Gallagher isn't in that class; you're comparing apples to oranges.

Oh alright, so just as I thought most people are disappointed in Pacioretty because of their high expectations of him. 

In the end, he’ll be off his career averages by about 5 points, and still lead the team in scoring. Such a tragedy. 

I am comparing apples to oranges and Pacioretty will likely end with an apples to oranges point total difference when compared to Gallagher by season’s end. Similar to every other season. 

I say that because Gallagher has been ahead in points and Pacioretty has recently caught up and took over. Once the trade deadline passes over, there will be less distractions and he will likely thrive. The team is out of the running but don’t be surprised when it happens for him individually. 

I think Stastny should be on our mind in the off season. 

I increasingly suspect the Habs are taking the view that they just need a couple of tweaks and they'll be "back" next season. (And quietly ignoring the hard fact that being "back" means being a non-contending playoff team). Reading the exit interviews with Pleks, that's the line he was taking. "This is a great team...a couple of moves in the off-season will fix things," etc.. Dollars to donuts Bergevin sold Molson on the idea that we are next season's Tampa Bay.

None of this means Patches can't be traded, but if I'm right, it's going to require getting players back who can help us in the immediate term as much as Patches would. Something like an Ekman-Larsson deal.

24 minutes ago, Chris said:

Hartman and a 5th from Chicago to the Preds for a 1st and 4th

This really surprised me. I don't know how exactly he will fit in Nashville but that's certainly Poile thinking outside the box and avoiding the usual suspects in order to get a young guy with a lot of potential.

Fun fact: Winnipeg had a deal for Brassard and Vegas helped Pittsburgh to keep him in the east. Winnipeg then wanted Plekanec but Plekanec didn't want to go west and Bergevin traded with Toronto instead as a favour. So then the Jets made their offer for Stastny. 

I think in the end because Stastny is just a rental they came out in the end with the best possible deal for them.

The trade deadline is so uneventful that I find myself washing dishes simultaneously to keep entertained.

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The trade deadline is so uneventful that I find myself washing dishes simultaneously to keep entertained.

I love it. Wake up, stay in pajamas, turn on TSN, watch Duthie's slow descent to insanity, order a pizza, and watch chaos from 2:30 til 4:30.

7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I love it. Wake up, stay in pajamas, turn on TSN, watch Duthie's slow descent to insanity, order a pizza, and watch chaos from 2:30 til 4:30.

Year after year they plan for the trade deadline. Year after year they know they create a boring show displaying the same five clips of the same 20 players for like 10 hours. Each year they likely sit in a room and say, "Should we do more? Should we create discussions on some of these players? Or discuss teams at the trade deadline point and how the playoffs will shake out? Or discuss summer free agents? Or anything?" and it's likely every time a producer says, "We can't do any long form segments because we need speed to cut to a trade!" and so they instead go into the day with next to no material.

Every year. Same result.In the social media generation you could easily cut a conversation to a trade and post the whole conversation on TSN.ca if anyone did want to hear the whole thing. But nah. I was only a producer for a couple months, so I'm an amateur compared to these guys.

Just now, Trizzak said:

Does this prompt LA to up their offer for Pacioretty?

At the very least, it should get the ball rolling on the rest of the rental market (Maroon in particular).

Jason Chimera goes to Anaheim for Chris Wagner.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I increasingly suspect the Habs are taking the view that they just need a couple of tweaks and they'll be "back" next season. (And quietly ignoring the hard fact that being "back" means being a non-contending playoff team). Reading the exit interviews with Pleks, that's the line he was taking. "This is a great team...a couple of moves in the off-season will fix things," etc.. Dollars to donuts Bergevin sold Molson on the idea that we are next season's Tampa Bay.

None of this means Patches can't be traded, but if I'm right, it's going to require getting players back who can help us in the immediate term as much as Patches would. Something like an Ekman-Larsson deal.

Its because this organization builds there team around goaltending to hide there weaknesses. They believe as long as we get great goaltending then everything else will fall in place. But if you don't get the goaltending then these weaknesses are unmasked. Its no surprise that the years that we have been bad are the years we have had problems in net.

Just now, dlbalr said:

At the very least, it should get the ball rolling on the rest of the rental market (Maroon in particular)

I was sure Maroon would be gone early. Starting to wonder if Edmonton might try to re-sign him.

The real fun (not the injuries but the speculation) is that both Tobias Enstrom and Ryan Murray got hurt today in practice. Enstrom could be bad from a blocked shot. Do Pittsburgh and Winnipeg panic?

4 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I was sure Maroon would be gone early. Starting to wonder if Edmonton might try to re-sign him.

The real fun (not the injuries but the speculation) is that both Tobias Enstrom and Ryan Murray got hurt today in practice. Enstrom could be bad from a blocked shot. Do Pittsburgh and Winnipeg panic?

Edmonton has been trying to re-sign him but they were well apart on terms.

Paul Maurice suggested after practice that Enstrom is okay.  It'd be funny if Pittsburgh turned around and traded to get Niemi back though.