GDT 64: Friday Night Rematch Canadiens vs Islanders

Commandant

Thanks for the thread. Habopotamus needs to learn the tradition of creating a game thread after wins though. I’m still vying for 18-0-1. :sarcasm_on:

To Trizzak:

I will be on the job today ??

I missed the beginning. 1-0 Habs. I’m here now! 

Lindgren has value... To the Habs :habslogo:

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

No shot over the last 16 minutes, 

Right when I started watching. 

Drouin, Galchenyuk, Scherbak

Top 12 in scoring each within 3 years 

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Pacioretty hurt

Paging.tank commander hemsky

The way we are getting points we're going to slide right out of the bottom 5 maybe even bottom 10.

I’m ok with the youth doing well though ! 

I’ll take Scherbak, Juulsen, Mete, Chucky Drouin etc performing and showing that their worthy cornerstones over 3-4 spots higher in the draft.

the one bright spot is that our youth actually has looked good lately. My eye is on the future, and these guys could be a good start.

33 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Is it you who always say you have a curse whenever you turn the habs game on lol?

Yes although I guess every Hab fan has been cursed this year. Out of the last 50 goals against, I’ve probably seen 48 and out of the last 50 goals for, I’ve probably seen 25.

in 2018 I’ve seen all 16 losses and only 3 or 4 of our 8 wins. The last game I remember seeing us win was February 22nd against the Rangers and the last win I remember seeing us win before that was January 7th against the Canucks. Although I may have caught either a win against the Capitals or against the Avalanche in between as well. 

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Juulsen scores his first NHL goal

Poor Mete.  He's still looking for his first goal after 49 games and Juulsen comes up and gets one within two weeks.  I thought Juulsen wouldn't look out of place but he has done a lot better than that so far. 

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Poor Mete.  He's still looking for his first goal after 49 games and Juulsen comes up and gets one within two weeks.  I thought Juulsen wouldn't look out of place but he has done a lot better than that so far. 

You may have been correct in saying I drafted Mete a little too early in fantasy this year. I still remember a preseason goal of his, fresh as if it were yesterday. 

Great to see the youth coming through.

27 always excels when the season is “lost”. Makes me wonder if he’s gripping the stick a little too hard the rest of the time.

Real story though is the tire fire in Brooklyn. No way I’d trust my career to Snow if I’m Tavares. May not end with us but I am doubtful he stays.

26 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Yes although I guess every Hab fan has been cursed this year. Out of the last 50 goals against, I’ve probably seen 48 and out of the last 50 goals for, I’ve probably seen 25.

in 2018 I’ve seen all 16 losses and only 3 or 4 of our 8 wins. The last game I remember seeing us win was February 22nd against the Rangers and the last win I remember seeing us win before that was January 7th against the Canucks. Although I may have caught either a win against the Capitals or against the Avalanche in between as well. 

It’s the 2017-2018 curse, next yea you’ll bring good luck, I’m calling it ;) 

I’ve felt the same at times even when the habs are doing well haha, every time I watch they get scored on!

bottom line, we’re all rooting for long term Hab success. If that means the current youth performs, good. If that means we get an amazing prospect in this draft, good. I just want excitement and optimism.

actually as a fan it might all boil down to optimism. And some optimism remains!

Go Habs go