GDT 64: Friday Night Rematch Canadiens vs Islanders

Commandant

6 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Go Habs go

Haven't seen that phrase in a while

Only caught the last ten minutes of this game. The only comment I have is Galchenyuk deking 19 times in front of an empty net and then ripping it home was funny

Wrong thread but just cause I’m here and talking about the habs youth, PLEASE check out Poehling’s goal. 

Its so good it’ll make you think about the hans future. Dirty between the legs skill.

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Haven't seen that phrase in a while

Only caught the last ten minutes of this game. The only comment I have is Galchenyuk deking 19 times in front of an empty net and then ripping it home was funny

At the end of the day, we may get pessimistic, we may sound like negative nancies, but each and every one of us just cares about the habs performing lol. That’s why we’re here on a forum taking about the obscure. I love the habs. Might get upset, but I love the habs, and go habs go forever haha.

9 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Wrong thread but just cause I’m here and talking about the habs youth, PLEASE check out Poehling’s goal. 

Its so good it’ll make you think about the hans future. Dirty between the legs skill.

I put goal video in prospect thread, pretty nifty goal.

watched on the PVR, they played OK. It felt like a training-camp game: lots of broken plays.

Juulsen and Riley looked good. And Drouin's line was on fire!

CJ 2.0 is finally yielding good performance out of the team (for 19 minutes out 20) ^_^

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

watched on the PVR, they played OK. It felt like a training-camp game: lots of broken plays.

Juulsen and Riley looked good. And Drouin's line was on fire!

CJ 2.0 is finally yielding good performance out of the team (for 19 minutes out 20) ^_^

Well, I don't understand why Julien feels the need to shift Galchenyuk around. Playing with guys like Danault and Shaw does not help Galchenyuk perform. He needs talented linemates. 

Maybe that's a one dimensional player, but I mean if it's going to yield success, don't fuk with it  

50 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Maybe that's a one dimensional player, but I mean if it's going to yield success, don't fuk with it  

I'll take a team of one dimensional players who score more than they allow over a team of two dimensional players who can barely score.

51 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I'll take a team of one dimensional players who score more than they allow over a team of two dimensional players who can barely score.

100%. I've always failed to understand why a guy who checks well but does dick-all offensively is hailed as a "two-way" player, while a guy who does nothing but score is reviled as "one-dimensional." If Hal Gill is acceptable, then so is Alex Galchenyuk. They're both one-dimensional, and that's OK by me, if the dimension is something that helps the team win.

I wouldn't get too excited by either team or individual performances at this point. This is "garbage time," where there is zero pressure and opposition teams tend to have trouble getting motivated against the fish-waste they're playing. It disappoints me a bit that Galy is playing his best hockey right now. He did the same thing in 2016: a late-season charge when nothing was at stake. Let's see him deliver when the games actually matter, please.

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Well, I don't understand why Julien feels the need to shift Galchenyuk around. Playing with guys like Danault and Shaw does not help Galchenyuk perform. He needs talented linemates. 

Chucky has been playing with Drouin most of the season ?!

Drouin's poor defensive play and turnovers drag Chucky's play down

4 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Well, I don't understand why Julien feels the need to shift Galchenyuk around. 

Because it is just 20 more practice games left till golf season and just checking out different combos. 

I see a lot of people claiming that they wouldn’t have minded seeing Galchenyuk play center, or even that he should still be considered for the position. I’m one of those people. On the other hand, I also see people claiming that they want Galchenyuk to be allowed to play his own game and not be forced to worry about the defensive side so much. 

The very reason that Galchenyuk is playing wing and not center is because Julien doesn’t want him (or Drouin) to worry so much about the defensive zone, and rather he wants them to play with the puck in the other end. That’s basically a quote from his mouth. 

In essence, Julien is doing exactly what those who want Galchenyuk to be allowed to play his own game would want him to do. If that’s the case, you shouldn’t be complaining about his position in the lineup if that’s the priority. I’m not saying anyone is, but it’s pretty much one or the other at this point. 

2 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I see a lot of people claiming that they wouldn’t have minded seeing Galchenyuk play center, or even that he should still be considered for the position. I’m one of those people. On the other hand, I also see people claiming that they want Galchenyuk to be allowed to play his own game and not be forced to worry about the defensive side so much. 

The very reason that Galchenyuk is playing wing and not center is because Julien doesn’t want him (or Drouin) to worry so much about the defensive zone, and rather he wants them to play with the puck in the other end. That’s basically a quote from his mouth. 

In essence, Julien is doing exactly what those who want Galchenyuk to be allowed to play his own game would want him to do. If that’s the case, you shouldn’t be complaining about his position in the lineup if that’s the priority. I’m not saying anyone is, but it’s pretty much one or the other at this point. 

Of course hat trick must play into this, but Galchneyuk said, sure he has had 30g season in the past and started hot last year till injury, but said he thinks he is playing his best ever right now.

And I actually saw him a couple times making sure he was covering someone in own end, so I do think his game is maturing.

2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

That doesn't make sense if Drouin is playing centre.

Put Drouin on the wing. Chuck at centre. That's all he needs to do.

On 3/3/2018 at 0:56 PM, DON said:

Of course hat trick must play into this, but Galchneyuk said, sure he has had 30g season in the past and started hot last year till injury, but said he thinks he is playing his best ever right now.

And I actually saw him a couple times making sure he was covering someone in own end, so I do think his game is maturing.

I've been impressed with his effort without the puck lately.  Especially back checking. There is some good urgency there.