Habs Sign Pezzetta to 3yr ELC

mineral

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

His numbers aren't all that great, but at this point Bergevin pretty much needs to sign all of his drafted centres and hope they work out.

except he's not a centre. 

He's a maybe to be a fourth line winger who brings physicality and toughness..

but whatever, we are on 43 contracts before this (29 in summer).  Might as well. 

I really didn't think he would get signed considering Bergevin opted not to sign Bradley last year.  I agree with Commandant's projection of a 4th liner.  Maybe a future replacement for a guy like Deslauriers.

1 hour ago, John B said:

I really didn't think he would get signed considering Bergevin opted not to sign Bradley last year.  I agree with Commandant's projection of a 4th liner.  Maybe a future replacement for a guy like Deslauriers.

I think the difference between the two is simply grit and toughness, and CHARACTER. 

which we all know Bergevin overvalues

I mean i'm not upset about passing on Bradley, but to me Bradley is better than Pezzetta.  Both are longshots though. 

I'm a little surprised at this one given that the upside is so low.  If he can continue to win faceoffs, maybe there's a Zenon Konopka-like role for him?  He has to play well enough to stay at centre in the pros though and that's a bit iffy.

So Bitten singing must be a lock? (turns 20 this summer so can play AHL cant he?)

Whoops missed that thread.

Edited by DON
screw up

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

except he's not a centre. 

He's a maybe to be a fourth line winger who brings physicality and toughness..

38 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm a little surprised at this one given that the upside is so low.  If he can continue to win faceoffs, maybe there's a Zenon Konopka-like role for him?  He has to play well enough to stay at centre in the pros though and that's a bit iffy.

Help me out here, guys. Is he currently a centre or not?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Help me out here, guys. Is he currently a centre or not?

In sudbury he was used at both LW and C.

Ever since he went to Sarnia He's been exclusively playing Left wing. (He's also seen his point production go up playing LW).

His centre is often Ruzicka, but sometimes Rymsha. 

He took two faceoffs last game. 

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/gamecentre/23004/boxscore

Personally I've never thought he has the skating to be an NHL centre.  IMO his future is on the wing. 

• Like 1

The Crisp pick was always garbage,  a second-year draft eligible who wasn't scoring at the time of his draft. He was taken way too high. 

We can say its just a third rounder, but these little things of going character over skill when guys like Duclair, and Buchnevich were on the board, are warning signs to the biggest problems in Bergevin's regime 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

The Crisp pick was always garbage,  a second-year draft eligible who wasn't scoring at the time of his draft. He was taken way too high. 

We can say its just a third rounder, but these little things of going character over skill when guys like Duclair, and Buchnevich were on the board, are warning signs to the biggest problems in Bergevin's regime 

Character trumps skill, man. Where have you been the past 6 years...