Habs Sign Bitten to 3yr ELC

mineral

Glad to see it happen.  I don't see him as a top 6 forward in the NHL, but I like him as a 3rd liner.  Maybe a future replacement for Byron or Shaw (down the road a bit of course).

I figured this would be coming now that the window to sign future contracts is open (as of March 1st).  Good to see it get done - I don't think he has a ton of upside but I think he can be a useful pro in an energy role.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

he earned it.  Really strong season for Hamilton. 

Really? Seemed fine, but I just got no positive vibe from him. Solid AHLer is where I pigeonhole him and Pezzatta.. 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

He had the slow September/October but has been on fire since then. 

You seem to be relatively high on his upside, and of course do hope does well in Laval, he really is a fast skater if I remember correctly. But, just seems to be a middling prospect that wont likely amount to much...but what the f do I know.

There are no sure things with third round picks.  He could be just an AHLer.

As far as upside goes, he could be another Byron. 

There is some skill there, can our staff in Laval help him develop it?

Why hasn't Bergevin or Molson asked for or instituted some change in AHL is just baffling? LaCarriere and son also isn't cutting it, both in appearance and result wise.

I feel at the least SL has to go. Coach that can't get his team to get up and play a full season to make the playoffs on a regular basis and isn't developing players to get to the Show; (I think) isn't doing his job right as an AHL hockey team coach. Maybe he really is a brain surgeon but after his playing days he thought (ha! thought!) that coaching would be better?!? ;)

Saw bitten again tonight.  He is so fast.  Created two breakaways himself and also raced back on aa breakaway and nearly caught ben jones (vegas draftee) on jones breakaway.  Bitten couldnt quite get there and instead hooked him down for a penalty... but the fact he chased him down from 15 feet behind was impressive

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

Saw bitten again tonight.  He is so fast.  Created two breakaways himself and also raced back on aa breakaway and nearly caught ben jones (vegas draftee) on jones breakaway.  Bitten couldnt quite get there and instead hooked him down for a penalty... but the fact he chased him down from 15 feet behind was impressive

New Byron?

Or can we hope for even more than that?