GDT Habs @ Florida Thursday March 8 7:30pm

50 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Shut out 10 times in one season.

Habs record.

Full confidence in Bergevin.

Where are all those that thought we would be better this year?  Last year was the fluke an outlier because of a flukey start.  This year is reality.

This team can’t score, can’t defend, can’t win a face off, doesn’t have a dman that can regularly carry the puck out of the zone, or spring a forward. On a breakaway, but than none of that mattees.  it has a lot of character.  It’s not important that it does not have a true top 6 centre (since they refuse to allow galchenyuk to play there, since he might show up Bergevin), has one top 4 dman that a true contending team would want (who is probably better suited to be on the second pairing).  But it has lots of 4th line grunts and depth dman to provide character.

to MB character seems to be the most important quality in a player. I read a story from the habs 70’s glory days when someone was arguing with bowman for a character “glue guy” that was good in the room with bowman and bowman’s response was, something to the effect of, let him stay in the room.

our coach on the other hand chose to play galchenyuk on the 4th line in the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Really though, Habs just have to do what they did the last two games.... no more of the stuff they did against the Isles and Boston.  And another injury on D, and now Lernout comes up, that D just gets weaker and weaker so it seems likely they will suck.

Can't there be a happy medium between what they've done the last two games and the two before that?  If the Habs are going to lose, can't the game at least be somewhat competitive (and interesting)?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Can't there be a happy medium between what they've done the last two games and the two before that?  If the Habs are going to lose, can't the game at least be somewhat competitive (and interesting)?

As long as they lose in regulation. 

Plus if they are down 4 in the second period, i can turn the game off and change to some junior game or european game for my draft preview.

I don't get to see most of pre-season games, so am looking at these next 15games like that. But, being shut out still sucks and as dlbalr noted, can lose and still be entertaining.

On 09/03/2018 at 9:05 PM, DON said:

I don't get to see most of pre-season games, so am looking at these next 15games like that. But, being shut out still sucks and as dlbalr noted, can lose and still be entertaining.

Shit team or not. I miss watching them by the time July hits. 

• Like 1