This is the worst team I have seen as a habs fan, where does it rank on your list?

Metallica

As far as coaching/management goes, I'm going to buck the trend and say they're nowhere near the worst this team has been, even when dumbass Michel Therien was coaching..

I grew up watching this championship team self destruct after Serge Savard was fired. This team has never fully recovered from what Houle & Tremblay did to them.

On 13/05/2018 at 9:41 AM, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

As far as coaching/management goes, I'm going to buck the trend and say they're nowhere near the worst this team has been, even when dumbass Michel Therien was coaching..

I grew up watching this championship team self destruct after Serge Savard was fired. This team has never fully recovered from what Houle & Tremblay did to them.

I think they 'fully recovered' under Gainey, in the sense that under Gilette and Bob the Habs returned to being a strong, professionally-run, respected NHL organization. Whereas Houle and co. had made it into an absolute joke from the ground up.

The question since about 2009 has been how to take a respected organization and make it a contender. The club has not had good answers to that question.

While I regard MB as a proven inept fool, he has enough friends around the league and enough big names on the team that the club has still not degenerated into being anything like the laughing stock it was in the late 1990s. The roster is still much too strong for that.

As I've suggested before, this was not the worst Habs team I've seen, but it was the hardest Habs team to give a flying fart about. So, maybe calling it the most *lacklustre* Habs team would do justice to its special brand of crapulence.

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think they 'fully recovered' under Gainey, in the sense that under Gilette and Bob the Habs returned to being a strong, professionally-run, respected NHL organization. Whereas Houle and co. had made it into an absolute joke from the ground up.

The question since about 2009 has been how to take a respected organization and make it a contender. The club has not had good answers to that question.

While I regard MB as a proven inept fool, he has enough friends around the league and enough big names on the team that the club has still not degenerated into being anything like the laughing stock it was in the late 1990s.

As I've suggested before, this was not the worst Habs team I've seen, but it was the hardest Habs team to give a flying fart about. So, maybe calling it the most *lacklustre* Habs team would do justice to its special brand of crapulence.

Don’t insult inept fools by bucketing them with Bergevin.