Habs vs Bolts

Habopotamus

7 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Scherbak scratched. I cant remember the last time Byron Froese sat a game. 

This the type of shit that Julien is renowned for. 

Rebuilding a team with a coach that will choose a mucker over a young talented player 9 out of 10 times... great recipe. 

I'm getting tired of Julien's shit. 

3 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I'm getting tired of Julien's shit. 

I think the problem is that we don’t have a team that fits Juliens coaching style. His success with the Bruins relies on two great centers in Bergeron and Krejci, surrounded by intense physical wingers. We have none of that.

If Julien is unable to adapt to the squad he actually has on paper, then he is a terrible coach. I haven’t analyzed it enough myself and I personally would imagine that he would be able to adapt, but there might be some truth to the perception that Julien can only coach a certain type of team when we consider that we acquired Ott, Martinsen and King last deadline. 

7:27 for Juulsen in 1st most on team, great to see him getting the icetime.

Lernout no gaffs in the 1st and the Finn buries a nice one, on a nice screen by Carr.:thumbs_up:

Galchenyuk’s a star ⭐️ 

52 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Scherbak scratched. I cant remember the last time Byron Froese sat a game. 

This the type of shit that Julien is renowned for. 

Rebuilding a team with a coach that will choose a mucker over a young talented player 9 out of 10 times... great recipe. 

I’m not surprised, I said from the start, I can’t stand Elmer Fudd.  There was a reason NJD fired him despite being on top of their division.

42 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I think the problem is that we don’t have a team that fits Juliens coaching style. His success with the Bruins relies on two great centers in Bergeron and Krejci, surrounded by intense physical wingers. We have none of that.

The bruins didn’t even fit his style at the end.  The game has passed him by, and remember the cup win wouldn’t ha e happened if cammy’s OT shot didn’t hit Chara.

They won a cup, won a president's trophy, made the cup finals another time.

And the fact is he did all those things after leaving Jersey. 

This revisionist history that he wasn't a good coach in Boston just makes you look really biased and takes away all your credibility in discussing any actual issues with the guy. 

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

They won a cup, won a president's trophy, made the cup finals another time.

This revisionist history that he wasn't a good coach in Boston just makes you look really biased and takes away all your credibility in discussing any actual issues with the guy. 

A Cup, President's Trophy, and another final. Hey on paper that sounds pretty good.

Reminds me of the guy who has a Cup, three division titles (two led the conference), and a Jack Adams trophy. You know, John Torterella.

Was Julien a good coach? Yes he was. He's a good coach. But he's also a very flawed coach who Bruins fans hated for years and almost got fired the year the Bruins won the Cup. Had Montreal won game seven, everyone knew he was gonna be fired. Much like Don Cherry in the 70s, Julien had a team better than he was a coach. Chiarelli and Julien aren't idiots who accidentally stumbled upon success, but their post-Boston careers tell you that they were very much beneficiaries to the talent Boston already had. Chia certainly extended his life ripping off the Maple Leafs a dozen times though.

The problem with analyzing him in Montreal is that he is still working with Therrien's coaching staff. But that's by his choice it seems. Even so, his choices with the lineup, his choices with the way the team plays, it's all a part of why this team has been an utter failure from exhibition to today. They've played 15 less games than last years team and scored 54 less goals. This despite shooting three more shots per game than last season. The Habs this year is all about firing blanks and hoping they accidentally start going in. That's been the strategy since October. Bergevin built a bad team, Julien has done a poor job coaching it. 

I never said he was a perfect coach... 

But saying he isn't good cause what happened in New Jersey, and diminishing his accomplishments in Boston is doing the opposite. 

Like most coaches, he does things well and also has flaws.  This idea that he can't coach that Habs29 was promoting is extreme, and it means he has little credibility if we want to discuss legit flaws. 

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I never said he was a perfect coach... 

But saying he isn't good cause what happened in New Jersey, and diminishing his accomplishments in Boston is doing the opposite. 

Like most coaches, he does things well and also has flaws.  This idea that he can't coach that Habs29 was promoting is extreme, and it means he has little credibility if we want to discuss legit flaws. 

He called him Elmer Fudd, said no wonder Lou fired him in NJ in one year, and that the game passed him by. A comparison (Fudd), an opinion (the game passed him by), and an observation of opinion (NJ firing him). Unless something got edited he didn't say he can't coach.

The only thing he said wrong was that he was Elmer Fudd. We decided a long time ago he's Bill from King of the Hill.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You think this is about just today?

Even so, Habs29 has always been one to post exaggerations or extremes in his evaluations. Kind of like how you do in the third period of a game the Habs are losing. It's the only time you want to burn everything down. If someone wants to think Julien is a bad coach, I'm not against it. He won divisions? So did Therrien. Cup final? Therrien. All-Star game? Therrien. But you don't have any problem saying Therrien is a poor coach regardless of win/loss because you know that was accomplished in spite of him. And talk to most Bruins fans, it was the same with Julien.

Besides, the past few games the only reason to watch them was to see Nikita Scherbak and he's scratched. I think that's permission to be a little over the top.

Julien got the job done in the past with a team that was built around his style of coaching. Habs aren't the 2011 Bruins. 

Look at the kids in Boston that Julien was reluctant to play last year...This year those kids are playing a huge part in the team's success

And there are other kids he took and made them into better players too. 

Bergeron, Kreijci, Krug, Carlo, marchand, horton... those are all guys he developed into much better players than they were when he got them. 

Also the "kids this year"... 1) McAvoy was still in college, he wasn't signed and was never at training camp even.  Julien not using him was not Julien's decision.  2) Debrusk developped a lot in his time in the AHL last year and is a better player this year.  

Who was the kid Julien held back and was widely criticized for last season?  Ryan Spooner.  Where is spooner now? Oh yeah, the new coach soured on him too, and now he's been traded.  

We should have won already but we will lose 

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Bergeron, Kreijci, Krug, Carlo, marchand, horton... those are all guys he developed into much better players than they were when he got them. 

Patrice Bergeron had back to back 70 point seasons before Julien came in. He hasn't hit it since, and might have this year away from Julien if not for injuries. I wouldn't credit Julien at all for Bergeron. You might as well credit Therrien for Subban.

Krug was signed by the Bruins so I don't know why he's mentioned. Same player he's always been. 

Marchand might be the funniest guy you brought up because he's having the best seasons of his career now that Julien is gone. Julien refused to play him on the powerplay for years. 

I'll give you Horton though. He was better in Boston than Florida.

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

And there are other kids he took and made them into better players too. 

Also the "kids this year"... 1) McAvoy was still in college, he wasn't signed and was never at training camp even.  Julien not using him was not Julien's decision.  2) Debrusk developped a lot in his time in the AHL last year and is a better player this year.  

Who was the kid Julien held back and was widely criticized for last season?  Ryan Spooner.  Where is spooner now? Oh yeah, the new coach soured on him too, and now he's been traded.  

Spooner was part of it. Heinen too, to a lesser extent. 

The reason Boston canned Julien was because he would chose a guy like mcquaid over a player like Mcavoy, given the opportunity. Or chose a two way forward over a pure offensive player. Therrien 2.0. 

Edited by Habopotamus

Gosh lehkonen is lining up and I’m already starting to write this. Why not Galchenyuk?