Habs At Columbus after the game starts, GDT

Commandant

I know people think de la Rose might be a third line centre.... but I was reading over the weekend how he is the forward who gets buried with the worst scoring chance % and Corsi % on the team, all while not bringing any offence to speak of.  

I think he's a guy we can throw into a trade an not have to worry too much about it, even with our weak centre depth. 

35 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I know people think de la Rose might be a third line centre.... but I was reading over the weekend how he is the forward who gets buried with the worst scoring chance % and Corsi % on the team, all while not bringing any offence to speak of.  

I think he's a guy we can throw into a trade an not have to worry too much about it, even with our weak centre depth. 

He's a filler player for the most part.  He has some good moments but he needs to have a lot more down the stretch to really be considered part of the future.  He's getting his chance if nothing else.

Sherbak played great with Galchenyuk and Drouin before getting sent down. Gets called up again, plays third line role and does absolutely nothing....Gets an off shift with Gallgher during a game and scores a nice goal.... notice a trend?

The coaching strategy on this team is so questionable. Sherbak needs to be surrounded with Talent, not grinders. Its the same   scenario with Gakchenyuk.

I think Julien hurts this team more than people realize. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, dlbalr said:

He's a filler player for the most part.  He has some good moments but he needs to have a lot more down the stretch to really be considered part of the future.  He's getting his chance if nothing else.

i agree with that, filler player at best.  There was talk of him as the #3 centre.  I don't think he will ever be that. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Commandant said:

he has been disappointing this season. DLR reminds me of Eller.

I keep hoping that he would seize the opportunity

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Habs outshoot Columbus 22 - 5 in 18 minutes of the 3rd period.

Columbus scores. 

Habs are just so sad. 

Its like me in EA hockey, outshoot the other guy but still lose the game,

4 out of 12 points on the road trip. Could have been 2, but loser points... oh well. 

Habs are back home tomorrow against a rested Dallas team, and then host Pittsburgh Thursday. 

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Habs outshoot Columbus 22 - 5 in 18 minutes of the 3rd period.

Columbus scores. 

Habs are just so sad. 

They played a great period overall - that's a lot better compared to the beginning of the trip where they were largely mailing it in when they were down.

We got to see the not-so-good part of developing youngsters on that last goal.  De la Rose had a really lazy attempt to clear the puck that went nowhere and then Lernout whiffed on cycling it behind the net which led to the turnover.  That was an ugly play overall.

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They played a great period overall - that's a lot better compared to the beginning of the trip where they were largely mailing it in when they were down.

We got to see the not-so-good part of developing youngsters on that last goal.  De la Rose had a really lazy attempt to clear the puck that went nowhere and then Lernout whiffed on cycling it behind the net which led to the turnover.  That was an ugly play overall.

De La Rose was on the ice for all 5 goals against. 

12 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

2 for sure were all on Benn 

Benn is easily one of the most infuriating defencemen I've had the displeasure to watch on the Canadiens.

At least with Alzner I know what he is. He's a useless overrated one way (and bad that way) defensive defenceman who does the occasional good defensive play and that's it.

Benn on the other hand, sometimes he thinks he's an offensive defenceman, sometimes he thinks he's a shutdown D, but he sucks at both jobs.

3 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Benn is easily one of the most infuriating defencemen I've had the displeasure to watch on the Canadiens.

At least with Alzner I know what he is. He's a useless overrated one way (and bad that way) defensive defenceman who does the occasional good defensive play and that's it.

Benn on the other hand, sometimes he thinks he's an offensive defenceman, sometimes he thinks he's a shutdown D, but he sucks at both jobs.

So frustrating. He's the player Bergevin was. 

Alzner drives me nuts too. How many times a game does he take a wrister from the point that might as well be a pass to the other team. 

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

2 for sure were all on Benn 

I don't know about that.

First Goal... Benn bounces it off DLR and in the net. 

2nd goal.... DLR is supposed to be covering the point.  He fails to block Jones shot, instead screening his own goalie. 

3rd goal.... DLR is supposed to be covering the point.  He fails to block Jones shot, instead screening his own goalie. 

4th goal... bad backcheck by DLR

5th goal.... bad clearing pass by DLR in the sequence before the goal.

None of the goals are 100% his fault, but he gets partial blame on at least 4 of them.