GDT Stars @ Habs Tuesday March 13 7:30pm

Been a rough year to watch, but nice to see some good contributions from some of the youngsters tonite.  However, I don't wanna see too many W's to end the year.

Saw the Shaw hit on Pateryn and was listening to Pateryn's post game comments.  After watching to replay a few times, all I can say is the I will be the first one giving some high fives when Pateryn finally gets knocked out!! Can't wait to see that.  Stupid comments and if I remember back when he was a Hab, his idiot wife was spewing off as well.

Didn't see much wrong with Shaw's hit, just a bad outcome and it sure didn't help Pateryn punching him when Shaw was down.

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

You’re not alone on 27. Had the same thought myself.

At least he can do it. We now know this. Might be time foor the staff to just lay off him year round, which is probably what’s happening now.

Nah, next year they’ll decide he really isn’t suited to play the wing and try experimenting with putting him on defence because it will teach him to play defence and help make him a better all round player and become more defensively responsible.  MB will than say that putting galchenyuk on D is his answer to the problem of not having a rushing dman who can carry the puck out of his zone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We heard you the first time. ;)

First the post wasn’t going through on the iPhone, than 5 messages show up at once

• Upvote 1

Niemi is bad for the tank. He is playing great and I hope he gets a good contract out of it (not from us)!

Lekonen will likely be in the press box with a performance like that - a la Carr

I too worry about Shaw and he should seriously consider another career before his brains give out on him.

As much as I want to loose so we get that high pick, it is great to see our young guys playing well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MFT77 said:

Been a rough year to watch, but nice to see some good contributions from some of the youngsters tonite.  However, I don't wanna see too many W's to end the year.

Saw the Shaw hit on Pateryn and was listening to Pateryn's post game comments.  After watching to replay a few times, all I can say is the I will be the first one giving some high fives when Pateryn finally gets knocked out!! Can't wait to see that.  Stupid comments and if I remember back when he was a Hab, his idiot wife was spewing off as well.

Didn't see much wrong with Shaw's hit, just a bad outcome and it sure didn't help Pateryn punching him when Shaw was down.

Pateryn is a clown. Classless 

Surprised he's not blaming his wife for the comments he made 

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Nah, next year they’ll decide he really isn’t suited to play the wing and try experimenting with putting him on defence because it will teach him to play defence and help make him a better all round player and become more defensively responsible.  MB will than say that putting galchenyuk on D is his answer to the problem of not having a rushing dman who can carry the puck out of his zone. 

:lol: Sounds like the MB Habs, all right

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Niemi is bad for the tank. He is playing great and I hope he gets a good contract out of it (not from us)!

Lekonen will likely be in the press box with a performance like that - a la Carr

I too worry about Shaw and he should seriously consider another career before his brains give out on him.

As much as I want to loose so we get that high pick, it is great to see our young guys playing well.

EDM needs goaltending for one. But I have a feeling the league sees him as done, despite his excellence this season. Also, how much of his resurgence has to do with Waite's coaching? If your team has a different goalie coach, you might look at him and think he's not the right fit, that his success here is a product of very specific circumstances.

11 hours ago, MFT77 said:

What was wrong with his comments? Too true or something?

Shaw has been cheap shooting  people his whole career has a terrible track record to prove that and he basically knocked himself out by trying to flatten Pateryn. 

2 minutes ago, DON said:

What was wrong with his comments? Too true or something?

Shaw has been cheap shooting  people his whole career has a terrible track record to prove that and he basically knocked himself out by trying to flatten Pateryn. 

Pateryn also cried his way out of Montreal. Maybe he should learn to just keep his mouth shut. 

It was distasteful to take pot-shots at a guy who is injured. 

There is also the question of the play in question.  Pateryn punched shaw after he was already down.  After the game, he said he saw his eyes roll in the back of his head and that he know he was unconscious.  So there is something distasteful about that too.  He knew he was out cold and still punched him.

That's douchey.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

There is also the question of the play in question.  Pateryn punched shaw after he was already down.  After the game, he said he saw his eyes roll in the back of his head and that he know he was unconscious.  So there is something distasteful about that too.  He knew he was out cold and still punched him.

That's douchey.

Ya, apparently league heavily reviewed it too. 

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That's douchey.

No, he said he didn't know he was out until he saw him on the ice with his eyes rolled back. Go back to Lu's tweet. When did he see that? When he was punching him. He didn't look at him out cold and decide to punch him.

You're twisting his words.

Its not clear, that's for sure.  He still hit him when he was down.... which is same time "I didn't realize he was knocked out until he was down on the ice"... well he did punch him at least twice while he was down on the ice. 

You also left out the other comment about "thats why he has 4 or 5 concussions a year" and "you play like that.  that's what happens" which is distasteful to me. Attacking the guy on his injury history, while he is in the rink injured is kind of a crossing a line. Its a douchey thing to say.... have some ####ing compassion and say, I hope he's going to be ok.... not he hurt himself, shit happens. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

You also left out the other comment about "thats why he has 4 or 5 concussions a year" and "you play like that.  that's what happens" which is distasteful to me. Attacking the guy on his injury history, while he is in the rink injured is kind of a crossing a line. Its a douchey thing to say.... have some ####ing compassion and say, I hope he's going to be ok.... not he hurt himself, shit happens. 

Andrew Shaw ain't far off from Matt Cooke. Whether it's a superman launch at Barret Jackman, boarding Joe Pavelski, high elbow to Jesper Fast, or injuring a minor leaguer from Washington, Shaw has no issue injuring others on the ice so I don't know why one should have much sympathy for him. He plays to hurt, he gets hurt doing it, live by the sword basically.

I'm sure if Shaw had his feelings hurt Pateryn can take a class on bullying for it. Maybe pay a super expensive $5000 fine for it too.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

None of that past is a reason to dismiss the fact that a human being with a head injury shouldn't be scorned, but a little empathy goes a long way. 

Two wrongs don't make a right. 

Shaw admitted to lying to team doctors about concussion headaches to make sure he could play. All while still playing to injure others with head shots. That's not a person I sympathize with what so ever. Neither should Pateryn. 

I've seen your posts in the past on Cooke and Chara. Your only reason to try to empathize is you've always liked Shaw. 

I don't like that Pateryn tried to punch him regardless of Shaw's state. Deserved a penalty and got it. But if Pateryn gets anything other than the slap on the wrist Shaw got for a homophobic slur, it'll be ridiculous. He didn't try to punch him because he was knocked out, he tried to punch him for hitting him high. Retaliation fights are dumb but they aren't suspension worthy. And if he doesn't care about Shaw's well being because Shaw plays reckless, hurts people including himself? Whatever. Don't like him for it but that's it.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Shaw admitted to lying to team doctors about concussion headaches to make sure he could play. All while still playing to injure others with head shots. That's not a person I sympathize with what so ever. Neither should Pateryn. 

I've seen your posts in the past on Cooke and Chara. Your only reason to try to empathize is you've always liked Shaw. 

I don't like that Pateryn tried to punch him regardless of Shaw's state. Deserved a penalty and got it. But if Pateryn gets anything other than the slap on the wrist Shaw got for a homophobic slur, it'll be ridiculous. He didn't try to punch him because he was knocked out, he tried to punch him for hitting him high. Retaliation fights are dumb but they aren't suspension worthy. And if he doesn't care about Shaw's well being because Shaw plays reckless, hurts people including himself? Whatever. Don't like him for it but that's it.

Yup, it isn't like he tossed his gloves and pummeled him nor did he say anything out of line. Its not like a guy running at another player and the hitter getting knocked the f++k out happens very often. And Pateryn has never been a cheap shot artist like a Shaw, Cooke, Torres, Kronwall, Domi or a Dale Hunter, so I got no issue and was just an unfortunate incident that Shaw hopefully will learn from...if he still wants to or is able to continue playing. 

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Yup, it isn't like he tossed his gloves and pummeled him nor did he say anything out of line. Its not like a guy running at another player and the hitter getting knocked the f++k out happens very often. And Pateryn has never been a cheap shot artist like a Shaw, Cooke, Torres, Kronwall, Domi or a Dale Hunter, so I got no issue and was just an unfortunate incident that Shaw hopefully will learn from...if he still wants to or is able to continue playing. 

That Shaw will learn from? He laid a clean hit.

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Who called for a suspension based on his comments.  I said his comments were distasteful.  They are.

Punching a guy who is down... that has been suspendable in the past.  Just ask Thornton/orpik.  There are others too.

As for.chara and cooke, sure lets compare post game comments of players to posts on message boards as though they are the same.  And again i never said anything about punishing him for the comments ... i just said his comments made him sound like a douche... and seemed to be a confession to punching a guy.he knew was knocked out