GDT Penguins @ Habs Thursday March 15 7:30pm

habscout

I am surprised nobody started the game thread, and the first period is a few minutes underway.  So here it is.  

Habs are off to a good start, and up 1-0 !  

3 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Now 2-0, two assists for Galchenyuk.

Also Price is now practicing.

Yeah Chuky is playing well.  

As for Price, I think I'd rather only see him practice to end this season.  Why risk anything to play a regular game now.

Penguins are in the game, making it 2-1.  They are starting to wake up, generating some chances.

Petry misplayed the body, then the puck took an unfortunate deflection of Byron's stick to go in; Penuins tied it up at 2.  I hope everybody took the Over on this game tonight.

3 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Kessel is having a crazy season. The fact Pittsburgh has him at $6.8M instead of $8M, and has Brassard at $3M instead of $5M, it's just ridiculous. 

Wonder if Bergevin can get a tutoring lesson from Rutherford ??

Big penalty kill for the Habs against the Penguins #1 powerplay. I was a little surprised to see Juulsen gets that much time killing the penalty, and a little pleased to see him do well. It didn't hurt to see him cross check Kessel to the ice in front of the net.  :-)

Wow, what a shot by Malkin!  The top power play capitalizes to take the lead 3-2.  Team tank is back on track.  :-( 

Well the Habs got a nice goal by Deslauriers on a good pass by Carr.  3-3 [I told you all to take the over tonight!]

Finally, Carr gets a chance. although only because the infirmary is full. Maybe Julien will see something.

I guess Lehkonen was reading my post - 3 goals since I suggested he be sent to Laval.?

38 minutes ago, habscout said:

Big penalty kill for the Habs against the Penguins #1 powerplay. I was a little surprised to see Juulsen gets that much time killing the penalty, and a little pleased to see him do well. It didn't hurt to see him cross check Kessel to the ice in front of the net.  :-)

They almost have to give him a lot of penalty killing time - they're not going to ask Reilly to kill penalties and as much as Lernout's a stay-at-home guy, asking him to take a regular turn is a tough ask.

Thanks for starting the GDT, by the way.

Finally, Carr gets a chance. although only because the infirmary is full. Maybe Julien will see something.

I guess Lehkonen was reading my post - 3 goals since I suggested he be sent to Laval.?

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Kessel is having a crazy season. The fact Pittsburgh has him at $6.8M instead of $8M, and has Brassard at $3M instead of $5M, it's just ridiculous. 

Remember when he was being shopped around and quite a few of us went on about how we didn't want that "fat bum" on our team? :wacko:

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Pepsi said:

He did not play the last game, but I can't be bothered to check the other ones.  

My bad, he sat the Dallas game.  He played against columbus and that was the last of 4 in a row, and 10 of the last 12 games. 

He's even been given the chance at centre in a bunch of those games which is weird, but i guess its anything to keep Galchenyuk out of centre. 

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Remember when he was being shopped around and quite a few of us went on about how we didn't want that "fat bum" on our team? :wacko:

I never said that.  I was adamant that we should get him, cause we couldn't score enough goals. 

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They almost have to give him a lot of penalty killing time - they're not going to ask Reilly to kill penalties and as much as Lernout's a stay-at-home guy, asking him to take a regular turn is a tough ask.

Thanks for starting the GDT, by the way.

I almost expected CJ to play the "veteran"" Benn and Alzner for the full 2 minutes, or at least 3/4's of it.  

No problem, for starting the GDT.

I know the tradition is that when the Habs win, whoever did the game day thread for that game does the next game until the streak is broken. 

I thinknin the spirit of Team Tank, whoever does the GDT for a loss should continue to do so until the next dreaded victory. 

Just my 2 cents. 

2 hours ago, habscout said:

I am surprised nobody started the game thread, and the first period is a few minutes underway.  So here it is.  

Habs are off to a good start, and up 1-0 !  

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He would of never played like this for us because we don't have any play making centers to play with him. I look at Pacioretty and see a kessle type of player. In Toronto they had no center and he was a hot and cold type of player same can be said about Pacioretty. If we get a good center Pacioretty will be doing the same as kessle now.

Couple goofy turnovers for goals again.

Drouin, Gallagher & Byron -8 as a line.

Outshot badly also, so they earned the regulation loss.

I wonder what the payroll of this games Habs roster would be? 

Gotta assume Big Mikey will draw into the lineup and will be trying to cause havoc vs the Leafs on Sat.